Hooking up 2 amps

I have two power acoustik 12 and a Baua 15. I want to hook up a 300 watt Boss amp to the 2 twelves and I want to hook up a 400 watt Jensen amp to the 15. How do I run the RCA jacks so that the 2nd amp gets sound from cd player? The jensen has been hooked up for a while, but i just put in the boss yesterday. I have the power, ground, and remote wires hooked up, but how do i connect it to the radio, because the jensen is already plugged into the radio?

Anonymous
you'll need to run a power cable from the battery to either a fuse block, which distributes the power from one wire to up to four, with fuses, or a basic block which basically hooks up the one power line with up to four smaller ones. For example only, you run an 8 gauge cable from the battery to the splitter, then 4 gauge from the splitter to the amps. Now, how the remote from you head unit is hooked up, I don't know. Probably a smililar fashion.

Your deck should have RCA jacks coming out of the back of it. How many does it have? If it has four, it might be front/rear, or rear/sub, if it has six, then front/rear/sub. It all depends on what signals your head unit outputs.

Anonymous
I READ THE QUESTION WRONG...LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT...U WANNA HOOK UP TO AMPS..AND U GOT 1 HOOKED UP ALREADY WITH 2 SUBS HOOKED OT IT...NOW U GOT A 15" THAT U WANNA RUN TO ANOTHER AMP AND U WANNA HOOK UP BOTH OF THE AMPS TOGETHER...

IM GUESSING THAT U GOT RCA'S FROM THE OUTPUT(REAR/SUB) OF YOUR HEAD UNIT TO THE INPUTS OF YOUR AMP THAT U GOT HOOKED UP... JUST RUN SOME RCA'S FROM YOUR OUTPUT OF THE AMP TO THE INPUT OF YOUR NEW AMP...THAT SHOULD WORK

OR, IF YOU DONT GOT OUTPUTS FROM YOUR AMP YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE TO GET A Y RCA CONNECTOR(GET THEM AT YOUR LOCAL RADIO SHACK STORE...GET 2... PLUG THOSE Y CONNECTORS (INTO THE REAR/SUB OUTPUTS) TO THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD UNIT...THEN OF COURSE PLUG BACK IN THE RCA'S THAT U HAD PLUGED IN THERE AND PLUG A THEN RUN ANOTHER SET OF RCA'S TO YOUR NEW AMP...NOW THERE IS ANOTHER WAY TO DO THIS...IF U LOOK AT YOUR AMPS...THERE SHOULD BE RCA'S FOR INPUT AND OUTPUT...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us