Alpine mrp-m1000 or kicker 08zx1000.1?

Bronze Member
Username: Hockeytoker

Post Number: 15
Which amp would be better for 2 alpine type r's 12inch? An shouldn't I get the subs at 2ohms with either of these amps?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6798
honestly, how many threads you going to make?

i believe the alpine is 1ohm stable so you'll want dual 4ohm subs (which you already said you have).

the kicker does power at 2ohm, so you'll want dual 2ohm subs (but you already said you have dual 4ohm, so..).

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 231
Both give about 1000@2 ohms so if you want either of those amps you need the d2 version of the type R.

The audioque 1200d is about $60 cheaper than either of those and if you already have the d4 ones go with that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
doesnt 2ohms hit harder though? y wouldnt i want that to get max rms wattage out of my subs and amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
and ill make a million threads thats the point of a forum.

ill make as many as i want until i have all the info i need....

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 232
you probably wont notice the diffrence between any of these amps. I have heard that higher ohms sounds better, but it doesnt sound like you care about the sq that much. the kicker should do the most power of those amps though(they are usually underrated quite a bit), but the biggest factor is making a good enclosure for them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
well for sq what would you recommend

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6799
"and ill make a million threads thats the point of a forum."

keep doing that and anyone that may give good info will get annoyed and not help. so go ahead.

you want sq? get different subs. and no 2ohms doesn't hit harder.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
haha dude y u talk sh_t to like everybody on this website? ive read like 5 other threads where u r b i tching at somebody for something. ppl dont use this website for u2 btch at them its to get other ideas on making there system better or gettin advice on stuff. like if i post a million threads you dont have to read them so dont complain about em

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6800
what threads? maybe that douche bag jerel, but no one elses'. ask, people will tell you i'm very helpful.

so please, point out 5 other threads i've been a dic_k in. go ahead, i want links to them.

and this forum is slow as it is, we don't need it cluttered up with the same questions, by the same people. start a thread, and keep it there. you'll see people are more likely to help you. if you don't get an answer, give it time. there's less than 20 or so regulars here, so yes, you'll have to wait.

but i want to see these threads.

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 61
the alpine isnt 1 ohm stable.

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 62
so either get 2 dvc2 type r's and get the kicker or get two dvc4 type r's and get the aq 1200.1. i would get the aq 1200 and the dual 4's. type r's were my first set up. i ran them at 1 ohm off of a massive p1000 amp and they got pleanty loud. hope that helped.

Bronze Member
Username: Jesseixe

Post Number: 11
alpine amps work great

Username: Sr68790

New York, NY

Post Number: 4
look bro, the alpine will give u good sound quality and good power, just bridge the subs down to 2ohms and turn that muthafcker up, @ 2 ohms the alpine will give u 1000w rms x1, those type r's handle 500w rms each, try it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us