Hifonics bxi 1210d vs audioque 1200

Bronze Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 49
i have a hifonic brutus 1210d. a friend of mine is looking to get a system and offered to buy my amp for wat i paid cuz its only like two months old. so i plan sell it and get a aq 1200. will there be a noticeable difference?

Silver Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 123
i have never owned a Hifonics or an AQ but i have been told and seen numerous times that AQ has the better quality and they have true RMS wattage if not a little underrated on the other hand the hifonics has been a little overrated.

You should hear a diffrence in the quality of sound.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3549
The last couple of years Maxxsonics was supposed to improve their actual power of the MM line of Autotek and the Brutus line of Hifonics.. I Iused to run the bxi2005's and neither of them gave me a bit of trouble.. I pulled one and put it in my friends car who was running a 2007 model and the older style was noticabley louder. As a matter of fact he bought it when I finally sold it. I cannot vouce for the new ones but when they switched from the grey heatsink and used the black on chrome, I think they took a step in the wrong direction. I know the real old Hifonics were at one time a hard to get and highly sought after product. But that was before a lot of yall had driver licenses lol I have never heard anything bad about the AQ with the exception of they were a lil overrated, but from what I've seen and the only one i really tinkered with was not lacking on power at all. I wouldn't think you would hear too much of a difference but i'm sure you would see the difference in a properly done bench test..

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10553
AQ amps are accurate rated and good quality. Hifonics bxi series are overrated so that amp will do about 900w at best. So it is possible you could notice a slight difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Sundownz

Mooresville, NC USA

Post Number: 85
I'd get the AQ from those two.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1808
is there a difference in quality?

yes, the AQ handsdown is better quality

will you notice an audible difference?

hifonics probably does around 900rms and the AQ does ~1200, it would be hard to notice an AUDIBLE difference.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11751
Definitely aq over the hf.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2710
Anyone seen bench results from the new Hifonics amps? Last I heard they were suppose to do more than their last series of amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us