Switching up again

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1774
so far ive have a pair or 12" kappa perfects, pair of 12" sx's and a pair of 12" alphas. every time i doubled power going from 1k to 2k to 4k.

So now im stopping at 4k for a while. i may eventually upgrade to 6k if i can find another at3000.1d but for now im using one. It does 3200 at ohm and ~4k at .5ohm.

I really want a 150 db plus daily music system doing a setup similar to thorshammer and peas over on ca.com they are both near or above 150 on music but run much more power than i have. they re using a pair of hcd3 10's and a pair of ab hd12's.

I am limited to 5 cubes net ported and i can run a maximum diameter sub of 14 inches due to the height under the rear shelf unless i mounted 15's on an angle they wont fit and id rather not mount on an angle since it will be harder to design and build the box.

im looking to spend around $700 for the new subwoofers. Ive done a bunch of measuring and i can only fit either four 8's, three 10's or 2 12's or 2 13's in a box designed to fire into the cabin.

I can get 3 bnib id max v3 10's for 760 shipped

2 12" bnib audio pulse axis for $700 shipped or my BTL 15" plus $250

3 bnib 10" sonances with flat wind coil for $530 shiopped.

5 bnib Sundown e8's for 250 shipped

2 bnib ab hd12's for 775 shipped

2 bnib 12" alpha max's 675 shipped

2 bnib 12" alpha v2's 625 shipped.

3 binb 10" american bass xfl's for 500 shipped

2 bnib 12" american bass 1vfl's for 575 shipped

so i got a lot of options. help me pick the loudest woofers of the bunch of throw in a few others you think will out perform.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11753
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

dc sounds lvl 4 xl 12's

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1775
where can i get a pair of 12's for under $700 shipped?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5245
I would grab those Axis'. But I am looking at the $450 he says he will give you for the BTL and wondering why? Even BNIB with all the options that would be a big number. The BTL + $350 would make more sense.

But the truth is that you aren't going to get noticeably louder than the two Alphas (using 2-12's) unless you do something drastic like grab a matching Atomic and throw one each at some 9512's. And as you know.... drastic = $$$$

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1776
Yea my btl is BNIB and fully loaded.

yea thats what i was figuring. i think im going to take that deal on the axis' but im going to wait until i hear from kevin about some rd products .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us