Fi btl

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 70
if i were to buy a 12in btl, what would happen if i chose the spl option and used it as a daily driver only on 1200 watts? and what does the universal option mean?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5226
The SPL version has a very tight gap and is meant for burps and comp applications. It is not designed for daily use playing music.

The Universal option means that you can change the impedance by reconing later. If you had a dual 2 you could change it to dual 1 and vice versa. You don't want or need either of these options.

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 48
SPL option = mush higher FS,stiffer, most likely a shorter coil meaning less xmax

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2703
I would look at a BL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
ahh i see.. i thought thats what the universal meant..
well im looking for 1 12 for not THAT much money that will get really loud..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
well, would a bl out perform an AQ hdc3 12? and can someone explain all of the add ons available with the bl? like the hyper pole and the flatwind?

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 263
Everything you need to know is on Fi website under (tech).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
well i was wanting some personal opinions as i have already checked out the tech part on their website.. Would the BL out perform the AQ hdc3?

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 265
"Would the BL out perform the AQ hdc3?"

Thats going to depend on install/box.

From what I've seen the BL like the lower 30's Hz and the HDC3 like the upper 30's Hz.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1965
the HDC3 is more comparable to the BTL, it handles more power and buiilt stronger than the BL. it has like 8 and a half spiders. its strong... but! that doesn't mean anything good with only 1200 rms. if u like lows get the Q, i would get the HDC3. unless u want a mix of spl and sq...
but even with that unless u want to tune low i would get the Hdc3, just keep in mind the BL might be better with only 1200 watts,
but the hdc3 will be waiting for that amp upgrade

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2704
Whoa dblk I didn't know BL's had 8 and a half spiders! Where do they put the half of a spider???

I haven't used an HDC3 or a BL so I can't say what will do better on 1200w. If you do go with a BL I would get the flatwind coil (should be a little louder, but less musical) and the daily option. I'm not sure if the hyper pole or cooling option would be better for 1200w, I would call Fi and ask them which for your application.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1847
"what would happen if i chose the spl option and used it as a daily driver only on 1200 watts?"
You would probably mess the sub up.

If it is a daily sub, chose the daily option. Period. If you plan on upgrading amps soon I would go with the BTL, otherwise get the BL.

The Universal option is nice, but you do sacrifice some motor strength.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1974
the hdc3 has 8 not the bl

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
i think im just going to get an hdc3 right now.. will probably add another in a month or so maybe, along with a diff amp..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us