Sell me

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 65
anyone got some good deals on some subs they wanna get rid of?
preferably 1 or 2 12s

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3634
I have a few new RD Audio Sonance V2s that I could sell you. They are dual 4ohm and are great sounding subs.

160 shipped for 1, 300 shipped for 2.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
arent sonances focused more on the SQ side?
not a bad deal though...

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3635
They are clean sounding subs but get very loud off low amounts of power.

I was planning on running 6 12s and around 5k watts.. the goal was mid 150s on music. Never got around to making the build tho.

You can ask any of the RD guys, they are far from a straight SQ woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1961
some of the rd subs look great. i will say that some of them have a pretty high mms and i think that hurts in spl.
the mms on the american bass XD 12 is 100 grams less, but also a lower bl
i think the american bass has a Q almost for a sub in a sealed box, but from what i have seen that makes them more "peaky" on the mic. so for a burp its good but music it wont be as loud on all the notes,
i don't know a lot about the rd subs, but i don't think they are anything outstanding above anything else
i still love my AQ sd2.5 and don't think u can beat it for the buck

thats what i think. im sure u will now have a list of people telling u that i am stupid and don't know anything and im wrong

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3638
^^ Coming from a guy that hits 160 on the reg.

Are you looking for straight SPL stuff or just something that bumps? I also have a treo SSX 12 but it takes a pretty good amount of power to get moving. 325 shipped, it was only used for about 3 weeks with a sundown 3kw on it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
idc if ppl say u are stupid.
i think u are very well knowledged until proven wrong..
i just dont know what to get..
still thinkin about 1 AQhdc3 12, but if i could find a good/better deal on 1 or 2 12s i would consider that..

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 639
i think the Sonance V2s would be better than the AQ IMO

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 666
Well as far as SPL and Sonance go a vehicle did a 160.9 with six 12" and a treo 4.1 or 4000w amp at usaci world finals and the same vehicle did 158.3 with two of them with 3000w.

We also got a guy in Fl that in iasca bass boxing that does a avg of 154.X in his three 30 second runs with two 3250s and six 12"

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 667
oh the usaci score was 0-600 pro stock not a wall or anything it was a stock class.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
well i dont care about SQ at all really.. i really want 1 12 that will hit really hard for a reasonable amt of money and will outshine systems from around my area..

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 51
what amplifier do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
AQ 1200

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Texas

Post Number: 3811
I've got a 12" RD Alpha

140 shipped

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1966
i think the hdc3 will do better than the alpha.... becuase high fs, higher BL and still has a mms that is the same
does that alpha come with the flatwind coil?
the hdc3 also has a magnet almost 3 times as big. haha but i don't think that will help much other than look cool and be heavy.

the bad side is! it cost 2 times as much as the price thieves just offered to sell his alpha.
and if u care much about lows and sq the alpha would be a little better. i think 140 is a good price if the sub is in good shape.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3545
dBLK every time you post and make statements like you have made on here, You make yourself look even more foolish (if that is possible) to anyone who has any car audio knowledge or experience.. So you are so sure of yourself that you can look at a few t/s parameters and say for sure that one brand or model of sub is gonna out preform another... Even though you have never owned or worked with one of the brands/models. First off, to say that AQ>RD anything in a comparable class is plain ignorant. There is nothing wrong with either brands of equipment, but all you have to do is look at the results of the big shows and there is no comparison. Most of the louder systems are as loud as they are not just because ..of theirs subs name brand, but because they know how to make a vehicle loud with the enclosure/install. The fact that RD has a 2-12" sonance setup with less power than you have on a walled 4-15 AQ setup and is only 1.7 dB's away from the 160 db score that you are FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR away from reaching ought to show you that you really are out of your element. Being eager to learn is not the same as being experienced. Everyone who has any idea about the regulars on E will admit that you are working hard.to learn, but you have not been around and worked with near enough equipment to possibly be as all knowing as you think you are. I can go back to 90% of your threads/posts and prove that point, but I ain't gonna waste my time... I already did writing this. .

Eric do yourself a favor and don't listen to the village idiot. He is not dazzling you with brilliance, just baffling you with his bullsh!t. Everything about this dude is a joke.. I hate having to make one of these posts about once a month to possibly keep a new member from taking this guy seriously. Welcome to E and I hope that you hang around. You will figure out who to listen to, it becomes pretty obvious if you pay attention..

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2918
burn!

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1972
haha mark if what i say is wrong then tell me how! lighter mms wins in spl all day!
i don't care what people run to get high numbers, look at the world record! pioneer! does that mean ur going to go and buy a pioneer sub? people that get high numbers will get high numbers no matter what subs they use, just with the fact that the build is the number one import thing. every sub acts different in different cars and different boxes.
i love how u compare a box that has had tons of testing to my set up that has no port, no internal braces, no back baffle, its like saying a kid sucks at sports when he is 3 years old,
let the kid grow and let me finish my build

if am the stupid person in this thread then please PLEASE tell me how a bigger moving mass is going to help?

tell me one thing that i said in this post that is false. the only bad thing i see about the HDC3 (in the price range) is that it has 8 spiders and for the low amount of power he has that would not help, but im sure over time he will want to get a bigger amp

140 is a good deal on that sub, eric

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1973
ps.. look at the american bass vfl
its a very nice sub. wins a lot of comps in my area

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3548
A wise person once told me not to argue with fools, People from a distance can't tell who is who.

My apoligies in advance..

I already regret what I am about to get into because of the fact that just about every t/s parameter is reliant on a different parameter or measurement of some sort and certain parameters can be counter-acted to achieve a better result in the spl world( over what some might consider the normal rule of thumb) including your lighter MMS = better spl.

"haha mark if what i say is wrong then tell me how!"

lighter mms does NOT always mean better spl so long as you have the motor force (BL^2/Re) to counter-act the down side to having a heavier cone and a stiffer suspension in the spl world and even what I am saying is far too basic to be completely accurate as there are exceptions to that rule as well.. The BL, mms, xmax can give an indication of certain spl output/performance of a sub, they alone are not absolute or concrete enough to be 100 % accurate. And if a brand or line of subs are getting beyond obvious accomplishments in the lanes you have NO right to demean those accomplishments to anyone by spouting your TOTALLY misleading bullsh!t about t/s parameters. TL RESULTS at world championship events know what those subs can do, NOT A NOOB working on his 1st system.

And the point I was really making in my post was although you baffled him with your "technical" jargon in which he was impressed, to say that the the mms of the rd subs were higher and that is bad for spl...yadda yadda. when in reality to a person who asks a question about a sub and it being a SQ orientated sub and you say that "the RD subs have a heavier mms .yadda yadda. yadda yadda"

When what you should have said was , "I'm dBLK, I can tell you what I've heard somewhere and read about (all recently) and even though I couldn't tell you how to test a subs t/s parameters or explain the formulas involved, I'm going to tell you what sub brands are better than others because of something that I don't fully understand. I will TOTALLY disregard the accomplishments of a proven line of subs and say they are nothing above any others. I also know that the mediocre RD subs that were being offered by trusted members at great prices (per your request) was not worth the time it took to type their post. I also acknowledge that ANY sub setup can produce great numbers so long as my all knowing azz doesn't do the build. And I know that this is true because I am building AND HAVE COMPETED WITH a wall...... that has no rear baffle, port, or internal braces oh and did I mention that that my name is "dB"lk. that alone makes me credible- oh wait that was a nickname given to me because of the obvious contradiction"

YOU FU<KIN' FAIL. And most on here will agree. You ask for advice then do the opposite while being confident on you being right and them being wrong when some, fu<k that, I will rephrase when most who gave you the advice had accomplished your goals and then some.(then why ask). Then when someone new comes along you spit false bullsh!t and try to pass it off as gold and the people who know what the fu<k they are talking about are left going behind you to correct the sh!t you spewed. There is nothing wrong with being wrong and making mistakes. Unless you dont correct them. Now make your Fail threads about your Fail Wall and leave the new people( who make ecoustics continuing success a possibility) alone.

/rant

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 644
haha wow this is great

Username: Shahram405

Post Number: 1
plz show ur subs pic

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1976
i have to go to class so im not going to type a book.
low mms wins if the bl, xmas are the same like i said at first, and look for something with a high fs

i would buy that alpha. its a good deal and u can get very high numbers with that sub

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 53
American bass subwoofers win competitions were?

I talk to a bunch of guys in MO. and i don't ever hear anything from American bass but a amp here or there.

dblk= foolish "low mms wins if the bl is high"

are you that slow? Real low mms may mean the parts are cheap or many other things.
Have you ever tested a subwoofer to see if the t/s the company shows is even close to true?

I have actually a good bit of them. Anything i get my hands on i take full t/s.
and xmax has absolutely nothing to do with spl, you must be confused.

What wins competitions is products that is designed well and built strong along with well experienced builders who keep building and adjusting until they win.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3950
Upload
rofl

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1977
mms may mean cheap parts.. or it could mean they didn;t make a big heavy cone for a sub that handles little amounts of power.
look at all the higher priced subs. most have smaller mms because it gets louder

if ur playing a sub it mass moving back and forth. if ur moving paper back and forth its easy. if ur moving a 20 lb weight its not so easy. same thing works with subs.

im done with this thread. eric u know what i think. u can listen to me or listen to the other guys that give no advice other than saying dblk is wrong with everything he does
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us