Building a box for 2 HCCA 12.2 in a bmw!

Username: Djlegac

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 4
How's it going guys, I am doing my first system, and i have worked with Dj equipment for a while. i Just bought 2 Orion HCCA 12.2. I own a 2000 BMW 528i. I just bought also a pioneer 4100 dvd cd player. i researched that these speakers are best ported.i have decided i want to use 2 sundown 3000 or atomic 3000. i am also ordering tomorrow a High Output Alternator and using extra batteries "optima" One for each amp.

so the advice i am looking for is my trunk is completely sealed and wanted some advice on what to do for a box and get bass out of it, i guess i need to build a custom box, so what specs do i need to tell someone to build it, and also do i just port it through the ski trap? i dont need the trunk so the whole trunk can be gone.

thanks for the future advice!

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1843
I would invest in a better battery if you plan on doing one per amp, like one Powermaster D3100 or Kinetik 2400 per.
I would seal the box off from the trunk with the subs and port facing forward. Others more familiar with those subs may be able to help you with exact size and tuning.

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 5
yah i have gotten alot of people telling me that for the batteries, but im getting the optima batteries dirt cheap so thats why i am going with those, ill try them and if i have to change them i will.... soo are you saying a sealed box is my best bet? or port the box but keep the trunk sealed?

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1845
have both subs and port facing forward into the cabin, but seal the rest of the box off from the trunk. Yes, port it.

I replaced 5 optimas with 3 d3100s and they hold my voltage much better. It may be cheap but what if you need twice as many batteries? Good luck with them.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15196
^ 5 D31 or D34 batts ? .....i bet thats alot less space\weight in ur car as well ...

Long Island, Ny USA

Post Number: 7
hmmmm maybe look into it!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us