Alpine Type R

Bronze Member
Username: Fritos2

Post Number: 41
Hi, I have a alpine type r with a sealed box 1.7cu, i think, and was wondering if it would be worth getting a ported box tuned to 33hz. I've heard that ported will sound louder than sealed at the same watts and that if made correctly will have almost the same sq too, is this true? Also one more question, would my 1994 explorer alternator be able to handle a 400watt amp to my speakers and a 900watt amp to my sub also?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10550
" I've heard that ported will sound louder than sealed at the same watts and that if made correctly will have almost the same sq too, is this true? "

Pretty much yes. But the size of the box needs to match what the sub needs and it needs to be tuned correctly.

" would my 1994 explorer alternator be able to handle a 400watt amp to my speakers and a 900watt amp to my sub also? "

It should. You won't be using 1300w constantly.

Bronze Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Ga. United States

Post Number: 67
i just made a box the other day for 1 type R 12 for a friend.. it was 2.1ft^3 and sounds extremely well for 1 12. Box was tuned to 35Hz and hit lows like crazy. he had a sealed box b4 and it sounded ok but now it hits soo much harder and sounds so much better. you will not regret getting a ported box as long as its tuned right and not too small or too big..

Bronze Member
Username: Fritos2

Post Number: 42
sweet thanks guys, i was thinking of getting one tuned somewhere between 33-35hz and for size im gonna look in manual, i remember seeing in there something about how big a ported should be for a alpine type r
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us