Help... Ipod/sub-stage question.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3625
Just picked up a 06' Mercedes C55 and need a little audio help...

I want to keep the factory HU and speaker amp, but want to run an ipod (preferably not MBs ipod interface) and a sub-stage with after-market amp. I know of some products like the JL cleansweep and Audison BitOne that have ipod inputs (or USB) and still work as a solid OEM interface.

I could care less about keeping my steering wheel controls when I use my ipod. I want the best SQ possible, however Im pretty sure the BitOne is expensive so if the cleansweep will do the job at 1/2 the price, sign me up. Is there any other interfaces I could look into?

So... what is everyones opinion on what i should do? I have the subs/amp already picked out so no need for help on those.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3626
"I need sound"

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6910
and rims :-)

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3206
i like those rims, thats a clean lookin benz. the c55 is amg right? i bet it hauls...

i think rf has the 360.1 thing but i doubt its close to jl or audison. also, i don't think ecoustics is the place to ask too many sq questions.

i always ask my sq/speaker questions over here and they know their sh!t. some dudes on there have some pretty nasssty setups.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3207
http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/5247/231512/Digital-Car-Audio-Processors/DQL--8- Eight-Channel-Line-Output-Converter-with-Auxiliary-Input-and-Digital-Signal-Proc essing.html

i feel like that is similar too

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3934
x2 Cal. Diyma is great for SQ.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3627
The rims are staying and yeah its an AMG.

I like the audiocontrol and alpine has a nice unit out i'm looking into.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3628
Pics are all from my Iphone.. ill get better ones after I get the install in.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3629
^^^

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2949
jake that's a fuken clean car man.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2951
jake that's a fuken clean car man.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3632
Thanks bro..

I havent been getting the best reviews on any of the mentioned products above... eh. Help.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1806
jake,

im lookin to do the same thing in my vehicle (keeping the stock HU and controls) and ive been told by a few members that the Alpine h650 or h701 is my best option.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 3208
you didn't get good reviews on either the jl or the audison? because somebody has a cleansweep on ca.com for 85 shipped, might be worth just buying and trying, i bet you could move it if you end up not wanting it.

hate to sound stupid, but i'm gonna guess your car has an amplified sound system, i wonder if there's anyway the stock amp has rca inputs? that would be too easy and there's probably no way thats true, but there's gotta be a good way because on all those unique whips shows they always throw systems in like the cls's and s classes.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3633
I Wish the stock amp had RCAs, but it doesnt.

Im not sure what they do on unique whips, i've only seen it once or twice. Pretty cool show tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us