Help really quick

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Nj

Post Number: 39
ok so this is the first time i am wiring my subs by myself. im wiring two dvc4 subs to 1 ohm. i follwed the woofer wiring diagram on rf.com but i have one last question. the posotive and negative wires coming from each sub should go together or in each posotive and negative slot on the amp. i worded kind of weird but here is what i mean. the two posotive wires coming from the box should i tie them together and put them in one of the posotive slots on the amp or should i put each posotive wire in each posotive slot one the amp. sorry if its an idiotic question. just trying to get it right

Silver Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 110
i take it you have a 2 channel amp? if you do just put it in the slots.

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 40
i have a fusion 2000.1... i think its a monoblock. not completely sure though

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 41
its a monoblock just checked.

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 42
?

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 1060
Why are there 2 positive wires coming from your box?

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=42

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 43
theres circles for each chamber with wire connectors on the back of my box. posotive and negative on each chamber. so i have two posotvies coming out of the back of my box and two negatives. get what im saying? they are two dvc 4 subs. and i followed the woffer wizard diagram but on the diagram on rockford fosgate.com it only has one posotive and one negative. so confused

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 44
i guess i should put the posotives together and the negatives together and put the 2 posotives in one of positive slots on the amp and the 2 negatives in one of the negative slots on the amp?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1061
Are you talking about the terminal cups? (like this http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo .com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dspeaker%2Bterminal%2Bcups%26ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dytff1 -sunm%26fr2%3Dtab-web&w=150&h=142&imgurl=www.bnotions.com%2Fphotos%2FAT-TC-2-2T. jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bnotions.com%2FROUND-SPKR-TERMINAL-CUP-p%2Fat-tc-2.htm &size=5k&name=AT+TC+2+2T+jpg&p=speaker+terminal+cups&oid=8c3835e0369e0292&fr2=ta b-web&no=1&tt=23&sigr=11t9lhdad&sigi=116sackjt&sigb=137vml1la )

If so then wire the subs how the diagram shows inside of the box, and plug the + into the + on one of the cups(on the inside) and the - into the - on the same cup(or the other one(if there are two) doesnt matter). Then run wire from the + and - on the outside of the cups to your amp.

I hope that was clear.

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 45
but what about the other sub? im so confused. with what you are telling me you want me to wire the subs how the diagram shows and then only plug one of the subs to one of the terminals? and in my box the two subs are sperate chambers. there is no way to get make the wires for both subs come together on the inside so i figured i had to do it on the outside. yes im talking about terminal cups

Gold Member

Post Number: 1062
okay do it on the outside, but first take a deep breath and relax lol.

on both subs the positive needs to connect to the other positive on the sub and the negative needs to do the same.

then take a wire from one of the positives and run it to the positive on the terminal. do the same with the negative.

now outside of the box link the 2 positives to 1 single wire and run it to the positive on the amp. then link the 2 negatives to 1 wire and run it to the negative on the amp.

just look at the picture and read what i typed... Hope it makes sense.

Bronze Member

Nj

Post Number: 46
:-) :-) ok i understand now... yea i already had the subs wired up right just couldnt figure out how to do what you just said on the outside. i guess its pretty obvious haha thanks man. that really helped. i appreciate that

Gold Member

Post Number: 1064
No problem lol. Enjoy.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3524
very simple. all positives goto pos on amp, and all Neg's goto neg's on amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us