Will my kicker zx750.1 be enough for 1 12" L7 or 2 12" cvr's???

Username: Steffaniejones

Post Number: 1
I have the kicker zx750.1 amp and im looking to purchase either 2 12" cvr or 1 L7 (im leaning more towards the one L7) but i would like to know could this amp power either or?

Username: Rvpr4

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
Get the L7, it get's LOUDer than the CVR's I think.

Keep in mind that Kicker L7's are puuure SPL and no Sound Quality, it's just booooomy bass.:P But still, go with the L7.

The L7 handles 750 watts RMS, but if you get the L7, get the DUAL 4 OHM subwoofer NOT dual 2 ohm. You can wire the dual 4 ohm down to 2 ohm which is perfect for the amp. Its gunna slam hard, trust me.

Post Number: 5
Ok ryan so you say the dual 4 OHM L7 will be better than 2 cvr's?? well i hope that the L7 is 4 OHM because im only paying $100 for it and if i get the 2 12" CVR's it will be only $125 thats why im choosing between these 2.......

but wut if its dual 2 ohm instead of 4?

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
The 2 12" Kicker CVR's are 800 watts RMS together, the amp you have is 750 watts RMS, and the L7 handles 750 watts RMS, so it's the perfect match...and I say DUAL 4 OHM because that way you can wire that one L7 down to 2 ohms, and your Kicker amp puts out 750 watts RMS @ 2 ohms,, you cannot wire a DUAL 2 ohm subwoofer to make a 2 ohm load....unless it is SINGLE 2 OHM. So that is why you need a DUAL 4 OHM L7 OR Single 2 OHM L7.

If you want the Kicker CVR's, make shure they are DUAL 2 OHM EACH. That way you can wire them for a 2 ohm amplifier load. But they wont be pushed to their full potential as the Kicker L7 will.

I've heard 2 12" L7's in my cousins car and he's pushing them with 300 watts RMS total kenwood power...so each sub is getting 150 watts RMS, and he can make his roof flex, his rear view mirror falls down sometimes and you can hear him from blocks away:P and thats giving the L7's 150 watts RMS alone!!!! Imagine 750 watts RMS !!!! Lol it's up to you. Id get the L7.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ok well you've made my decision a little better....but if u cud check out the same question (worded diff) in the subwoofers section they are sayin the opposite....

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 9
Lol I was just thinking about cone area...I guess that's an advantage for the CVR's. If you get the CVR's, make sure they are Dual 2 ohm voice coils.

I just said take the L7 since that's the amp for it.

It would prob be louder with 2 subs. For example, I have 2 Pioneer subs right now, I'm adding another one this weekend, but all three subs are still gunna be running off the same amp from when i had 2 subs. But it will pound harder because more cone area and the power is being spread.

No matter what you get, your system will SLAMMM HARRRD!! 750 watts RMS is a lot. I'm pushing 500 watts RMS ATM in my system and you can feel your hair move when the bass hits:P You will be happy with either subs.

Set the subsonic filter on the amp to 25Hz, set the LPF to 80Hz, and turn your volume up about 3/4 and slowly turn the gain/level up on the amp to your likings. Then yu will have a tuned amp. I dont think i missed anything. Good luck.

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 10
PS: my Pioneers handle same power as the CVR's....and im giving them 250 watts RMS each and they POUND! Yours will make your ear drums hurt.:P

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
thanks Ryan..........well with that being said and me doing my research im goin to get the 1 12" L7 w/ported box and probably goin' to add another L7 and upgrade my amp.....

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6777
just wondering, but why tell him to set the ssf at 25 when you don't even know the box tuning yet? stupid imo.

and seriously, this thread is funny as hell!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
umm wow i suppose.....well how does a girl like me suppose to make a good decision with all of these mixed signals and dif. opinions?? i have people tellin' me the cvr's and also the L7....

and Mike how is my thread funny???

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6778
it's not your thread, just some of the responses.

if you're wanting louder, go with the pair of cvrs'. they'll get louder and have better sq.

if you do plan on upgrading in the future, a pair of l7s' will definately get louder. but remember, with a pair of those you'll want at least 1500w for them which may require you to upgrade your electrical (meaning getting a ho alt., doing the big 3, and upgrading the battery).

so, with that, if you have the extra money for electrical upgrades (plan on about $1000) then by all means go for the pair of l7s. if not, then go with the cvrs'.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Ok and whats the big 3???

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 12
Power wire from battery to alternator
Ground from battery to chassis
Ground from engine to chassis.

Its basically upgrading those wires to a higher gauge.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11800
Either one is good but the cvrs will have better sound quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Ok i have my zx750.1 amp and I have my 2 12" kicker CVR's.....so i have the speakers wired parallel. but how do i suppose to wire the amp to the speakers???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Ok now that i have my speakers. how do i wire it from the amp to the box.

i have the zx750.1 amp with 2 12" kicker CVR's

the cvr's are wired parallel and are dual voice coil.

now i have 4 wires running from my box...how do i properly wire them to the amp??

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 226
Assuming you have the 2 ohm DVC subs wire them like the second one here.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=2&I=22
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us