My wall

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1938
the subs close to the port are wanting to freeair because they are so close, the left and right side are working against each other so much it amazing it even makes a sound.
that and the air leaks around the gasket on the subs r really bad also

so right now it sucks!

just thought i would show u what im putting in
Upload
Upload

ill show u my high db numbers after i get everything takin care of

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 762
dblk is dumb

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2885
x2.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 927
x3

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1940
x4

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4897
x5

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3923
x6

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 697
x7

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 46
wtf?

try all subwoofers equal distance to the port to solve your problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 763
x8

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7528
***raises hand***

Oh...oh...oh...pick me!!!
There is a much easier back wall design that will give you the desired effect!

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1941
what is it canaan?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1942
cozce, i got a 27 on the act my jr year in high school, i make straight As in school, and i know more about car audio than u. so y do say im dumb?

mike i would if i could,
this is the front of it.
Upload

i have a lot of options right now

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1943
x9 yay me! look how stupid i am

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11498
I'm never there for chat attacks :-(

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1945
i don't get it

so i guess u guys dont think the dome is a good idea

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6895
all you need is a slant...

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 703

quote:

cozce, i got a 27 on the act my jr year in high school, i make straight As in school, and i know more about car audio than u. so y do say im dumb?

Means nothing. I hate it when people say crap like this. I went to high school with a guy who scored a 33 on the act and that fugger doesn't have a bit of common sense. You would seriously have to tell him to come in out of the rain.

The difference is HUGE between solving problems in a book and solving problems in the real world.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20704
^^^^Yup.

Book smart and street smart ARE totally different things. IQ is not a measure of knowledge but how you apply yourself against any challenge or obstacle.

When I was 16 and in HS my vocational carpentry teacher used to "test" every student to sum up their potential. He would place them in one of his shop rooms with a broom and told each one individually to sweep the floor and he'd be right back. He purposely waited 1/2 hr until he came back. The floor only takes 10 minutes tops to sweep.

What did the slackers do? They took the broom initially and made a half azz attempt in cleaning the floor. Nothing to write home about and not too impressive.

What did the "book" smart kids do? Feverishly they swept and swept wanting to do a good job and impress the teacher. After 1/2 hr they would still be sweeping up until he would return. Job well done.

What did the rest do? They took the 10 minutes it takes and swept the floor as instructed. It wasn't as perfectly clean as the "book" smart kids got it but much better than the slackers'. What impresses the teacher is what they chose to do with their time until he returns. They take the extra 20 minutes and straighten the rest of the shop out under their own initiative. Putting tools away, emptying saw dust collectors and such.

Tell me now. Who would YOU want to hire?

A test of character reveals a whole lot more than numbers on an exam.

Oh, and don't let me get started on my first "job" he hired me to do. That was an even BIGGER test.

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
Paul & Wicked > Cozce (Who wishes he was still intoxicated) > dblk

lawl

(It's just the internet blk)

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1946
i am at 154.1 now still with the subs out of phase

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6899
... hmm?

basic wall with 4 DD 15s local burps in the 155s on just strapped saz1500ds ... @ 59hz

street beat avg on 30 sec is a 154.9 for whatever music he is using that don't sound like music.. thats going to change with new rules for street beat tho

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6900
also.. NON wall s-10 with 8 cheap crossfire 10s and two crossfire 1400 watt amps.. 155.9

all this effort and you could be doing those numbers with a much more simply design

remember.. "KISS"

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6901
forgot the mention the DC lvl4 ( i believe) 18" .. burped a 155 out of the trunk of a caddy..

Silver Member

Post Number: 768
Don't tell him kev, he thinks he's god with his 27 act junior in high school score.

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 282
I understand the concept you were aiming for but it has been proven years and years over again that it is ineffective. If you did a standard wall built well I assure you, you could put up just as high of numbers and more.

The concept of a ported box is to aim all the air out in one direction, I understand that with doing the angles that you are trying it will "smoothen" the air flow but it will not do as good of a job at directing.

my suggestion once again would be a standard wall with a slant on the end opposite of the port.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7529

quote:

my suggestion once again would be a standard wall with a slant on the end opposite of the port.

^^^this :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4163
please explain the advantage to that style backwall blk...

Silver Member

Post Number: 769
More pics of the wire? Been thinking about getting some, how do you like it dBlk?

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 309
dblk: when i firt saw your build in the back of this (is it a dodge... something?) i thought " wow, he is boarding up the whole back end of thatcar and is gonna have ~20 cubes of airspace. that is gonna be some serious streetbeat."

then you fudged it up, and made a goofy looking box.

im no pro, but that doesnt look like it could have any advantages as opposed to a normal ported box.

my suggestion? if you dont know how to b build a box ported for 4 15s, just make it sealed, because the amount of money you'll spend on wood trying and trying again would just depress you if your shooting in the dark hoping to get big numbers.

x9

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1948
misterLDR
how have i fudged this up?
i now have two back baffles, the dome and a normal on that is about 9 inches thick (really strong)
a geodesic dome is strong just because of its design.
what i have found to be true is that in MOST cases rounding off corners makes things louder, i have also found that boxes that are not the normal "box" shaped can do even better if they are made more rounded. i watched a pair of 10s with 2k watts hit a 147something and when i looked at the box i had to laugh. this guy made boxes out of pvc and propane cans, along with some other cool ideas

the only person i know of that has even built a wall on this site is canaan, some of the funny shapes in my box i can't help because my car is not a van. i am just making it the subs as close to each other as i can so i can have the largest port than i can,
now with many different change able ports and two different back baffles i will find out what is really best for my car and what i have.
the 4 dd 15s that did a 155, good job. i am looking to get a little louder than that. and i am limited so tuning to 60Hz or much higher is going to call for a box 17cuft or less,
i really think that the dome will work best because it is strong, and i can make my box bigger with it. and more than anything i really think the shape will help.

if im wrong then at least i tried and i still have a different baffle that slides right in,if im right then it payed off,
what ever happens i am learning from it, it seems like many of u don't like to try new things

canaan and jack, can u show me a pic of a slant like ur talking about? i might have a port made that does what ur saying but its not togather and im not sure if what u say and what im thinking is the same

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6904
the slant is the back of the wall itself.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1651
i put a wall in a 2000 cougar for 2 18's, that also hit a hella of a higher number than this pile o shyt.

P.S. i didnt have any funky angles???

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 283
DBlk, just letting you know I have done several wall builds for myself and several for other peoples as well.
Ive had walls hitting some pretty high scores, much higher then anyone else on here I am sure, I do not mean that to be cocky, Im simply saying that if done right it will out perform you build with half the power.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1654
Matt i will have to call you out on that one, i had a wall that hit 194 DB's compared to the score that dBLK will hit and his 160 goal...

do the math :-)

lulz

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3018

quote:

what ever happens i am learning from it, it seems like many of u don't like to try new things

Here's the thing, you are not trying anything new. There have been many people before you try the funky dome back wall and other random stuff, and all have failed, miserably.

Gold Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 1054

quote:

Ive had walls hitting some pretty high scores, much higher then anyone else on here I am sure

pics or it didnt happen...

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 311
^^^^^^^^^^^ take a pic of THIS!

*grabs balls*

Gold Member

Post Number: 1055
OHHHH HE SLAMMED YOU BRO!!!11

oh wait...

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1950
matt . ill say ur right and know more than me if u show me pix for prof,
maybe what i am doing will fail. buti have never seen it done, i think it iwll work

have any of u tried it????? i have not seen any one on this forum try this before,,.. or any one try it at all. link me some pics if it has been done

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2890
i have witnessed some of Matt's scores with the Toyota and also the Chevette. I am sure he still has pictures to prove his scores. Where are your pictures of scores BLK? How can we believe you?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1951
i guess u can't believe me. i have prof of a 150.7 and that is all right now. i don't own the tl mic so i have to find freinds to let me use what they have. by july 31st ill post lots of pix.
im from missouri, the show me state

if u say it its bs unless u show me

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3624
"matt . ill say ur right and know more than me if u show me pix for prof,
maybe what i am doing will fail. buti have never seen it done, i think it iwll work"

Look at all of the top speaker companies that make loaded enclosures... None of them use dome backs. That in itself is enough for me not to do it.

Its cool if you want to mess around with box designs, I had a phase where all I did was make isobaric boxes. However without proving the numbers you really have no credibility.

My 2cents.. have fun.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4172
i think you are over engineering this whole build bro. lol.i would start over.....with a steel cage, birch, and pieces you can put in the box, test them, and if they dont work, pull them out. and if they do, make them permenant.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3019
Cheese ?

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 285
I would love to put up pics dont really have them at work though, I will tonight if you guys really need but heres a few of the stats I have had...
2003 Usaci 166.7 (Buick) 1000-2000 Mod
2005 Dbdrag 155.5 (Civic) SS 1-2
2008 Dbdrag 158.5 (Chevette) SM 1-2
2009 DBdrag 152 and rising (4runner) SSNW

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1953
i really want to see pix

Silver Member

Post Number: 773
I wanna see a pic of you getting 160 with this install.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1956
so would i

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 286
My civic
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Installs/tims_.jpg
My buick
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Installs/car.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Installs/amps.jpg
My chevette
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/?action=view&current=MVI_3917 .flv
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/SonyPicsandvids012-1.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/SonyPicsandvids013-1.jpg

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6909
few people had to have just bit their tongues :-)

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20722
I didn't doubt you at all Matt.

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7530
dBLK,
About that domed back wall, domes are strong from the outside...NOT the inside. They are actually VERY week on from the inside.

OH...
Didn't this all start out to be a walled musical daily driver?

um....60hz+ tuned ported b-pillar wall does not = daily???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1057
I will man up and say it.

Matt, I should have taken your word for it. lol Nice systems btw.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 287
Its cool guys, I know im not active here much, I dont expect you to beleive someone with a little post count claiming big numbers, I probably wouldnt have either lol.

People like Stavenmist, Snow, and D-money know that I have had some beast setups. But im really not here to brag about what i had or have I was simply showing that I do in fact know a few things and that I have some credibility when talking about walls. Id like to help more but it looks like he is far enough a long that he doesnt plan on ripping it all out.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4173
whoa marshall.....dont be hatin one 60 plus hz ;)

i respect that dblk is actually going through all this to learn, but sometimes advice can be a shortcut to the learning curve. but no one ever listens to me. .....i know nothing :-(

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1957
looks good matt.
if u or any one has an idea for my wall tell me.
all i am getting is ur dome sucks, ur build sucks

some of the funny shapes i can not change because of the size and shape of my car. so i am limited, i would bet much better off with 4 12s other than 15s but this is what i have,

ya.. i wanted a nice musical wall... now i don't care i just want to win in my class at finals

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1958
looks good matt.
if u or any one has an idea for my wall tell me.
all i am getting is ur dome sucks, ur build sucks

some of the funny shapes i can not change because of the size and shape of my car. so i am limited, i would bet much better off with 4 12s other than 15s but this is what i have,

ya.. i wanted a nice musical wall... now i don't care i just want to win in my class at finals

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 288
tonight I can draw up a wall build for you, can you give me rough dimensions so I can at least give you a good idea of what would work best

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6911
perhaps you got the hate because instead of asking first.. you did it anyway.. then asked after :-)

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3527
dBLK, there are tips posted in every thread that you make. You usually do the opisite of what is suggested. If you dont take the offer that Matt just proposed. then you would be the biggest fumduck possible.. And the whole point of optimizing the equipment that you are using is to build the wall to specs for your equipment and not just put the subs as close as you can to fit the biggest port possible.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 289
DDbump jake from CA and CACO did a wall build and with two 15"s in 10 cubes it was just nuts. That gave him the space to make the port as big as he wanted, the bracing as strong as he wanted, and not worry about anything at the same time. The car was doing 152s on music and i beleive 154s on burps but for $500s worth of subs and a amp he got for $500 as well, thats really not a bad deal. Not many people can do a 152+ on $1000 worth of CA equipment. I know I cant and I have been in it for long enough.

BTW his box was tuned to 34hz if I recall.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1659
well actually its not really nutz, 80% install, 20% equipment...

btw im doing a lil bit over that, but with a lil bit more money invested but not much. like i said its all install

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1959
well matt email me, worrblade@yahoo.com then ill give ya my number and we can talk.
if it is a box shaped i can only have a 9 inch long port side to side and less if i double up the wood

Silver Member

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 313
^^^ matt if u just made a regualr ported box that gave u just enough room to see out ur back window u could prolly have a system that would knock walls off other ppls systems

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 290
email is being sent.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew35

Post Number: 42
ppl who are hatin on him just need to SHUT UP. nobody wants to hear ur sh*t. im shure yall are not the perfect installers. which means you dont have any room to talk. let the dude try it. half of experience is personally trying something. best recognize.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 940
f^cking nikkas dis days...... nah means

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6913
"ppl who are hatin on him just need to SHUT UP. nobody wants to hear ur sh*t. im shure yall are not the perfect installers. which means you dont have any room to talk. let the dude try it. half of experience is personally trying something. best recognize"

how about trying something proven.. something that works :-)

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2904
hmmm. someone standing up for BLK?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20739
Failure is definitely a part of experience. How would we have what we do as a species today without it? Failure after being graced by the advice of many knowledgeable ppl is like being told not to stick the fork in the wall outlet though. Trying something NEW to gain ground in a positive direction is not easy/cheap to do and is admirable to say the least. When/if it succeeds you suddenly become an authority.

When a seasoned sailor tells you to pull in the sails and you see clear skies though, you can bet you're in for a blow. It's far better to learn off others' mistakes than make them one of your own.

$.02.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6914
moral of that story.. all learn from blks mistakes ... :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
and for ur info im white. i just watched jay and silent bob recently lol. but anyway... let him learn his own pace

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1960
some of u guys say u have seen this done before! please show me! i don't want to copy something! but i can not find anything like this online or in my area at all.
i tried advantech and it works good. i guess if this sucks at least i got 1 out of 2 new ideas

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2914
where are the picturesssss blk of the scores.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4175
a lot of people "hate" for reasons other than his build. oh say like posting a "fail" pic of the twin towers. and he looks like a hippy. and he drives a vw. plus he doesnt listen to advice. smells like taco sauce and old laundry, and has a man crush on snow.

what else could be said? haha. i kid i kid. i dont know what he smells like. but the snow statement is troof. or is it the other way around? snow have a man crush on dblk? could go either way

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
lol i wouldnt know. im just reading and learning. im not gonna get into THAT discussion haha

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1962
that is not true! i have a hot girl freind, DON'T U DISS MY VW~

but ya... snow is a f ag

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2915

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3948
rofl

Bronze Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 35
^^pics of your girl blk

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1963
i dont want u guys checkin out my girl! every time mark finds a pic of her he get turned on

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
haha so off topic

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4176
lol

Silver Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 119
yea dont be E-girlfriending us either put a sticky note with your name on her some where.

e-gfs means your a real life f@g, not attacking you bro just puttin it out there.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4177
LOL. shes technically a chick. she inflates and deflates in under 3 minutes. but thats dblk timing. and we all know,no one blows harder then dblk

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1964
i don't know what u guys are talking about

Silver Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 120
"LOL. shes technically a chick. she inflates and deflates in under 3 minutes. but thats dblk timing. and we all know,no one blows harder then dblk"

that was FUNNY.

Im not tryin to flame no one so im just gonna laugh and point lol

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3544

quote:

just gonna laugh and point lol

that's what she did as well...lol

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4178
hahaha. you still working on the biodome design or have you switched it yet? and i would REALLY REALLY REALLY buy your own termlab. THE BEST TOOL for spl ever. and why not run with audioque amps? 2 3500s would be nice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
i know a guy tht owned a inflatable... yeah. he was pretty g@y. nobody likes him

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1967
the classes that i run in midwest spl are kinda different. if i clamp at over 4k i will be in the unlimited class. so i try for 3500 ish

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4180
oh i see.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6923
what numbers do they see in unlimited class

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1968
at finals some guy got 172 if i remember right

Bronze Member
Username: A12voltman80

St. paul, Mn Usa

Post Number: 55
The highest score at the MIDWEST SPL finals was a 160.X and it was a no wall division.

The guy had three rd 15"hw and six mmats 4000s

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1978
ya mike! ur right 160.7
i thought some one got a 172 but that must have been in the records on the site
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us