1995 Honda Civic Stereo Wiring Issue

Username: Reikso2h

Post Number: 1
I am having issues with my front left speaker. I am running an Aiwa amplifier to the stock speakers, and recently the left front speaker cut out. Now the sound only comes out of that speaker intermittently. I seems like it must be a wiring issue, since sound still comes out of the speaker every once in a while. I checked the wiring to the receiver and it all seems to be hooked up correctly and securely. How would I be able to check the wiring between the amp and speaker? Would it be easiest to just run new wires? How would I do that?

Also, I live in the LA area. Does anyone know of a place that would be able to do this for me cheaply?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.

Bronze Member
Username: D2freak

Post Number: 34
I'd say the first mistake is running an amp to stock speakers.
There is the possibility it's a loose connection on the speaker or the amp, you could run new wire from the amp to the speakers, which if you are using the stock wiring I would suggest anyways. That's fairly simple, pull the speaker out find panels or carpet to run new wire under.... run it hook it up, there ya go.
I would at least put some coaxials in though, especially if you gonna have an amp on 'em, you'd get a lot better sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us