Pauls Knives

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5195
Got the package today man.... and all I can say is WOW!!!
I am far from a knife expert, but I have friends who are, and they have shown me their collections over the years and I have owned some Buck and similar blades, and I am blown away by the build quality and design of these knives you sent me. They are every bit as good as much higher priced knives I have seen. The Chinese have learned over the years how to make high quality steel and these even come with a Rockwell Hardness rating sticker right on the blade. They are precision ground and literally razor sharp. Super impressive. I will put one in my truck for lippy Gaysians, a couple in my drum bag, and a few in my room to threaten Pey with when she shuts her vag down for "maintenance".

For those of you who don't know or remember, Paul Larrea made a thread about naming his new company and I came up with "Stainless Steals" after a few minutes of thinking plus a few other names, and I won. I lagged on sending him my address but did the other day, and today when I got my mail I received a stout little flat rate box with 6 assorted (4 medium, 2 small) knives inside. To anyone who has been thinking about ordering some knives from Paul -- do it. The quality is amazing, and I personally guarantee you will be more then happy.

Thanks Paul -- you da man as always Upload

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 3201
i don't even need a knife or really want one right now, but I'm thinking about buying one for a few reasons

1. reading brad's review (anyone who recommended me diamond hex's is a smart dude in my book)
2. paul is the man
3. switchblades are badazz

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1462
Brad Warren
Get your Buck back out and take a look at it.

Paul, No offense.
There is some quality stuff out there. You may be paying more than you should when you buy a Buck. Paul is not selling Bucks and I do not think he claims the quality compares. He is up-front and lets his customers know what they are getting.

Your endorsement sounds like an infomercial. When it comes to knives... anyone will agree that you get what you pay for. I do not think Paul needs any help. He is selling a product for what it is, not with what it can be compared.

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 760
Paul ftw.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1463
Just to be fair, I have owned and sold three Buck territories. Sat five years on Leatherman board.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20677
Wow I didn't expect you to get them until at LEAST tomorrow or maybe Wed. I sent them 2 day priority on Saturday. Across the country in one business day FTW!!

Yes the knives I sent you a small assortment of is exactly what I'm trying to get into only from now on. I deem them high quality by most standards and it sickens me what US customs is trying to do to the sporting world of folding knives. (Those who don't visit the OT section should check the thread out.)

Very glad you like them, you earned them.

If anyone wishes to graze my website please feel free but if you want the knives like the ones I sent Brad stay inside the premium area. The other tactical folders I have are worth what I charge but are not meant for the workhorse user. The fixed blade/bowie area has great knives as well. I haven't had time to update the site as I have a few more items to include like shaving razors, a few more "gentleman's toothpick" knives and such. Good stuff. I sent you two Steel Warrior knives as they are just like you explained, good knives.

I really didn't know what to send you so I sent a random selection.

Thanks for the name, again.

www.stainlesssteals.ecrater.com

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20678
"Your endorsement sounds like an infomercial. When it comes to knives... anyone will agree that you get what you pay for. I do not think Paul needs any help. He is selling a product for what it is, not with what it can be compared."

I am as fair and honest as anyone with whatever it is I'm selling. Be it a roll of power wire or a knife. Brad is not sounding off like an infomercial IMO. He's impressed which compliments me as a seller. I will NEVER claim anything I sell to be what it isn't. That's a douche, and should be castrated.

There's a reason why I don't carry and sell the "higher" echelon name brands like Buck and Kershaw. I can't afford it. In todays economy I can't stock knives that I need to sell for $60 each in order for me to make a profit, if any. I'd sell what, one a week, maybe? These knives ARE comparable in quality and if they only cost a fraction of the competition so be it. Shame on them for charging so much.

I'm NOT putting down their build quality, only comparing the cost/value ratio.

Especially in today's market.

Let me sell you one and you can "compare".

Gold Member

Post Number: 1470
I am fine with all you have posted. You have reiterated my thoughts and I am impressed with your business practice. There are hundreds of sellers out there that make claims that simply are not true. I commend you for the way you sell. It is a tough market.
Maybe a roll of wire someday but knives are my life.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20680
Let me ask you what knife do you carry and how much did you pay for it?

Just curious.

If knives are your life then I'm VERY interested.

That is all.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1476
Just a leatherman supertool. Sure I know where you are going with this. One heck of a good folder that I like is a bear 453. I have been carrying that around for about a year. Before that a Russell. Sold Cutco when I was young and have a great hunter in my truck. I do not "use" knives much any more. I don't know how many I have. The boys seem to grab them up. Cutco in the kitchen and mostly Bucks that I collect. All American made. My boy made me a display case for the finer ones. He took it to Michigan when I sold the cabin in Iowa.
How much did I pay? I doubt I have ever bought more than 10 knives in my life. Any good knife that I use would have cost $50-60 in today's dollar.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2597
Very nice prices Paul! Will you be adding more knives to your site any time soon?

FYI,Paul is a great person to do business with. He ships very fast and you cant beat his prices. I bought my HU from him about a year ago and I couldnt be happier with the transaction.

^feel free to quote this Paul! lol

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15135
no pix ? ...

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5197
The high resolution of these pics show details that aren't visible and do not do these knives justice. They are flawless to the naked eye. I defy anyone, including Rico, to tell me that these knives aren't an incredible value for $5.99-$9.99. You have to hold them in your hand and look at the detail and feel the weight and quality to appreciate them. Of course the blades are not quite as high quality as the USA made Buck's, I didn't mean to imply that, but they are certainly high quality and suitable for any light use. By the way, the entry level Walmart-type $15-$30 Buck knives are made and assembled in Taiwan. USA made Buck's are now made in Idaho. All pre-2005 Buck Knives were made right down the freeway from me in San Diego.

Desert Silence
Upload

Wolf River Extreme
Upload

Apache Raider
Upload

Steel Warrior - Croc
Upload

Steel Warrior - Little Peanut
Upload

Perfect Silence
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15139
^^^name of that last 1 is disturbing ... ...as though its name for the serial killer clientele market

built quality does looks very good ....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20681
For those wondering I'm going to try and update my site tonight. I want to add a few things and need to remove others. I personally inspect every knife I sell so if by some chance in a million you get one DOA it will be due to shipping mishandling and will be replaced ASAP with the return of the faulty one. I gain NOTHING by selling a dud. Even with buying in bulk I make very little with my current prices but still refuse to stick it to anyone. That's why I hate Ebay. I may make $2.50 profit off one knife. Deduct insertion fees, listing fees, final value fees, Paypal fees.........you get the picture.

And USPS is by far the best value in shipping options but even they are human. Once any package is out of sight, with any shipping company, it's a gamble.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3475
i put the knife that Paul sent me through the gauntlet and it is holding up beautifully.. I haven't had to tighten any screws or sharpen it and I wouldn't say that I am easy on ANY work tools. lol I loaned it to my boss while he was working on his property and he called me just to brag on it.. We looked on your site and he was interested in a few different knives, but he got caught up in the middle of a separation with the old lady. I'll be getting' more as well.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11487
Paul ftmfw
Brad ftmfw
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us