Amp not working all of a sudden! Would love some advice

Username: Leeman

Post Number: 1
I've had my 2 kicker cvr subs for about 4 months now without any issues. Installation was well done by a professional, and then the other day all of a sudden my subs stopped working. I popped the trunk and moved the wires around a little and they came back on. 20 minutes later the same thing happened, but now they won't turn back on.

Checked the fuses and the ground and both look in great shape still, checked all the wires they are alligned in the correct + and - positions according to the amp, and I tried switching em and still nothing. The power light on the amp isn't on anymore. Would love some advice for this puzzling and frusterating issue! Thanks for your time

Bronze Member
Username: D2freak

Post Number: 38
I'd start by checking the ground, that's usually a big problem if you don't take the time to do it right, if fastened to a painted area take a file or some sand paper and clean up underneath it for better connection.
You could get a test light, check your remote wire, see if the deck is telling the amp to turn on, sometimes they have a fuse in the back of the deck that can blow for the remote. Test lights are pretty cheap at walmart, autozone so on, handy to have around.
check battery connection, ensure that the positive wire is connected correctly to the battery, and it's still attached to the fuseable link, which should also be under your hood (you said you checked the fuse so I assume you mean this one) can also have popped the fuses on your amp too, if you haven't checked those already.
Just some things to think about... give those a shot, hope it helps

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 212
Sounds like a bad ground if you can move it around and it comes on. I would start by removing the ground, scraping/sanding all paint within a few inches off. Then make sure the screw/bolt is on very tight so it is not moving and reducing your connection.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us