RE SE vs. Fi Q

Bronze Member
Username: Craudi0

Post Number: 60
I now have a re se 12" running off of a hifonics amp that is putting 900rms at 2 ohms to the sub, in a 2 cubic foot enclosure ported at 32hz. would it be a sufficient upgrade to get a Fi Q 12", and put it in the same box with the same amp? i would run the amp at 1 ohm. it's 1 ohm stable at 1200rms. and both subs are within the specifications of the box. ups and downs of this upgrade?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6851
i'd just get a second SE 12"

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1787
somehow i just knew you would reccomend the RE... lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6854
well look at it this way.. if hes happy with the sound and just wants more output.. for the money just add a second and run the amp at 1ohm

be cheaper and less hassle than trying to sell the SE 12" then buy a Fi Q 12"

you'd have more output with the SEs.. and you already know what to expect x2

and abarca.. the SEs sound like sex.. thats why lol :-)

you heard them :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15136
^had ur thinking cap on there didnt u ...

makes alot of sense though since those SEs r gr8 subs ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
ok, but the only downside to this would be having to get a different box...... on the REaudio website it doesnt show specs for 2 re se subs, so would 4 cubes at 32 hz be good? i like the way mine sounds now with 2 cubes at 32 hz. would it be the same sound, just more output?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
so i think i'm gonna go with 2 10" RE SE's. looking for opinions on box size and tuning, because i'm not really sure.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15149
im running 2 10s RE SE d4 in my ride but i have them in a 1cuft\each sub sealed since i prefer SQ more than loud

i did try them once in a 1.75cuft box tuned to 32hz & they sounded very sweet but too loud for my front speakers so i went sealed ...still pretty loud to me in sealed ...had it metered once - did 139.8dbs .....

http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=200026&highlight=rovin+revie w

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
im looking into making my own box...... its going to be 2.3 cubic feet, and tuned at 32 hz using 3/4" mdf particle board. any other suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5208
Double the baffle for sure. I don't even like using 3/4" for the other walls but this is a fairly small cab and it will be ok. A couple shallow braces wouldn't hurt.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
now that i think about it i'm just going to use 1" mdf all the way, so i dont have to double baffle or do any braces. and yeah the enclosure isn't too big so it should be fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us