I need a walkthrough anyone, Amping front and rear door speakers with multiple amps.

Username: Wazzup592

Post Number: 10
Ok so currently i already have a power supply running from the batter to a rf p500-2 to a p3 12". Its all hooked up and accessoried to my windshield wipers.

Here is what i need to know about sending another amp to the trunk.

I already understand that i will need to run speaker wire from each speaker to the trunk (where the new amp will be).

But i need to know how to wire it.

I know i need to run Rca cable to the back, but what is the correct method with a 4 channel amp.

It needs to be grounded, but is it ok to just ground it to a different spot than the other sub is grounded.

And also should i run the acsessory wire to the same fuse as the other, or could this be harmful.

Oh and i the question i really want answered.
So i already have a fused distributor (if thats what its called) anyways it has a fuse in the power supply near the fuse.
To run another wire to the new amp, could i just remove that distributor and add one with 2 fuse ports and split the wires that way, or is there a better method.

I really need help!!!

Thanks guys,
Jeff

Username: Drgnswy

Post Number: 2
you can do the spliting fuse idea. thats fine but just make sure the fuses are big enough to pump out the power. I just have 1 4gage wire running for my positive connection to 1 fuse very close to the battery then the 4gage wire continues to the trunk and plugs into a distributor that has four 8 gage wire out puts for my amps. I have a capasitor back there also and the grond can be any where on the body of your car as long as its a good connection.
Just run your power wires one one side of your car and your rca wires on the other side so you wont get as much feed back. Dont run them next to eachother. you can make as many ground connections as you want. Dont matter. just make it solid.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us