OT help with car alarm install please

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1116
ok so i kinda of started a business installing radios with a buddy of mine well someone called asking about installing a car alarm in a 03 chevy impala and he said we would do it i have no clue how to put an alarm in can anyone help me out with this

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3011
I would never do your first alarm install to someone elses car, but do as you please.

Print a few wiring diagrams from websites like the12volt and bulldog security. You will need a few because the diagrams wont be completely correct. Make sure you organize wire. This is the most important part because if something messes up, its easy to go back and see.

Have plenty of 16-18 gauge speaker wire on hand (its great for car alarms.)

Loom up most of the main wiring on the alarm to make it look stock. This can throw a thief off.

Make sure all of your connections and crimps are correctly done. Loose connections can lead to problems.

Lastly, take your time. If your rush, your chances of messing something up is greater.

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1117
i wouldnt but i asnt there to answer the phone and he told them yes we would take the job now im head deep into something i didnt want to do i wanted to stick with audio

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1772
i would tell the guy that your employee was ill-informed and that you do not do car alarm installs. i am willing to bet he would be much happier with the truth than having his car there all day and you somehow screwin up the wiring or the actual alarm itself.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Andrew Capps, NC US

Post Number: 3331
Agreed. If you screw something up and then he turns around and bad mouths your company you are screwed. Nothing like ruining a car to help business

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1118
yeah idk i just dont want any lawsuits of any sort andi kinda of feel this one im in over my head

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10535
If you have to ask you shouldnt be runnning a business without a solid knowledge of electrical systems....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us