Amp to power my future subs?

Username: Toledokid

Post Number: 6
I'm buying some subs in a couple months, and I want to know what kind of amp I should look at, like what power would work the best, etc.

I'm gonna be getting 2 12" Diamond Audio Hex Pros ( 800/1600 max)

Currently I have a poopy Kenwood 1000watt subwoofer amp, what kind of amps would I need to power these subwoofers?

Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6755
not familiar with them, what vc they come in?

electrical upgrades done already?

budget?

Post Number: 7
Hmm, electrical upgrades as in what? Nothing really done yet, I've got some garbage power capacitor, but nothing else, I had a small system in it when I got it, but I'm looking to upgrade.

No clue on the budget, I'm open to all kinds of suggestions, and if I'm going to need to do some electrical upgrades, then I might need to save up a little more than I thought.

oh and, Dual 2 ohm Voice Coils

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6756
electrical upgrades as in high output alternator, batteries, big 3 done.

cap. wont help none, i'd get rid of it.

what type of vehicle is this, know the size of the alt. already in? if not, i believe you can go to autozone.com and find out. chances are you'll have to upgrade the alt. running that much power, upwards of 2000wrms for the pair imo. which means you'll want to upgrade the batt. also, and do the big 3.

and do you want just one amp for the pair, or wanting to run 2 amps? i would be simpler and cheaper, but it's up to you.

Post Number: 8
It's a 97' Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, I'm not sure about the alternator or battery, but I'll find out.

Probably just 1 amp running the pair.

Also, if it matters (I'm sure it does), I'm looking for clarity, not just raw power.

Post Number: 9
found out I already got a optima yellow top battery, I'll just need to replace my alternator then.

Username: Kipster

Dalls, Tx

Post Number: 6
try looking into the hifonix 1200 d. it should do just fine to push your subs.
if you don't like hifonix then look for a good brand like
mtx,autotech,or plane audio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us