How many watts till my sub blows

Bronze Member
Username: Jerel_coles

Pennsylvania United states

Post Number: 21
i have a pioneer and its rms is 2500 .. i was thinking about getting another mb quart 1500.1 to make it 3000 watts rms will that make it blow andd what is a 2000 watt rms amp that is reliable and not to much

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15106
if u get another MB amp & if they can strap that will be 3000wrms @ 2ohms

if ur sub is dual 2ohms then unless u have the current to back them up u risk tripping the amps or damaging them

those new sundown 3k amp will be a nice match for that sub but its not cheap

u can look for a powerbass xa3000d or a atomic 3000d is another good cheaper choice .......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
if its a 3000 watt amp and my sub is only 2500 rms wont it blow

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6810
amps have gains for a reason as well as headunits having subwoofer level output adjustment

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1829
If you are not sure of what you are doing it would be possible for it to be damaged. Thats where common sense and experience/knowledge come into play. If you're worried about it don't do it or have someone else install the 2nd amp and set it up for you.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11643
And be ready to buy a high output alternator and a battery if you want to do it right.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 664

quote:

And be ready to buy a high output alternator and a battery if you want to do it right.

I would put this first on the upgrade list, way before another amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3008

quote:

if ur sub is dual 2ohms then unless u have the current to back them up u risk tripping the amps or damaging them

This is going to be your main concern. If your sub is dual 2, I'm not sure if the MB quart amps can run at .5 a piece....

quote:

Thread: How many watts till my sub blows

1.21 jiggawatts!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
wat amp would u guys reccomend for that beast i call a sub

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2843
sony. this kid is g@y.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4660
rf t2000bd
sundown saz2000
sundown saz3000
atomic 3000
rd3250.1
american bass vfl 120.1

the list can go on. expect to pay over $500 for the amp, some close to 900.

You'll then need to upgrade your electrical
Around 400-500 for batteries, upwards of $500 for a HO alternator. And $50 to $100 just for some 0 ga wiring.

You'll spend about a good $2000 dollars. Should be no problem for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
damn thats not bad i got 6 grand for graduation and i just got a job ... so ill prolly do it in the next 3 weeks cuz im going to orlando soon so i need to save money

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6811
thought money wasn't an issue? seems to be your money is going to running very short soon lmao

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4665
Has money but needs to save up. Doesn't make sense. Buy right now big baller.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6816
lol 12" ballin

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15113
if were me id get a really good amp like the sundown 3000d so i wont need to upgrade in a hurry ....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15114
however i wud def get a high output alt & a good drycell batt like XS power too or u wont see\hear the full output from that amp ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
i do have money .. my dad is a surgeon at pmc in pittsburgh and my mom is an eye doctor .. but we spend alot of money i have another brother who just turned 16 and she just bought him a avalon and i have two cars a cavalier and a 07 tahoe she wants me to learn how to stop getting money from her because im getting older ?? why does everyone criticize on here i came here for advice i know its not the best but im satisfied all i wanted to know should i have got a better amp for my sub cuz i spent 400 on that amp then i found out u could buy online for 229 and i havent heard of the sundown amp till i started posting on here thinking about buying it my next paycheck

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11480
We are criticizing you because you came on here acting like this big badazz when in reality, more than half the people on here have systems that would absolutely rip your sub a new pole vent and you a new azzhole all at the same time. If you really do turn your attitude around and actually want to learn something then we can start working. But until that, I can almost assure you that you don't get much help.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2928
You should say your parents have money not you. Stop wasting their money and work for your own. You ani't a grown man you're a lil b1t(h. Stop acting like you're the Sh1t if you ever want to get help here or anywhere else.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
"i do have money .. my dad is a surgeon at pmc in pittsburgh and my mom is an eye doctor ."

I didn't see where you had money in that sentence. It is really helpful to type into a word editor then post. Then before hitting the "Post this Message" button read your post aloud into Voice Recorder and play it back to yourself. Does the message make sense? What is the tone of this message and how will others perceive me? Will they want to help me?

It really pisses me off with people claiming they are ballin' and crap because Mommy and Daddy bought them stuff. If you have your hands in Daddy's wallet you don't really own anything do you? What about when you're twenty and your parents die, will their job keep paying you?

My parents have/had quite a bit of money, but what good does that do you when they kick you out? Do you pray for them to die so you can inherit something? What about when they die and 60 percent goes to taxes while you get shuffled into the show room of caskets at the funeral home, trying to decide if daddy left you enough to buy the wood model or one that looks like a primer gray Astro van with no rubber gasket to keep the worms out?

Or you could keep their ashes in an urn on your mantle so you can stare at their picture above it and wait for your sibling to call and tell you Mom wanted to be dumped out under the oak tree next to her childhood house. Your call. All the while the possessions are in probate and you're living paycheck to paycheck. Either way where does that mean you have money?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
im not gonna argue with someone on a computer ...im going to pitt on almost a full ride for track undecided on a major so maybe one day ill have a good job like my parents if not then so be it .. ill i wanna know is what amp would be able to power two of my pioneer subs 2500 rms apiece

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6831
or you can just buy my SX 15s if you really want to bump on your lower budget :-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6759
what's your parents budget for these amps?

are they willing to pay for electrical upgrades?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1832
I missed where you said the coil configuration (D2, D1), probably just didn't read all the way.

Two Diablo Audio Technologies 2500s would be great and not many others running them. Kicker 2500s, sundown 3ks, GP 3000, AB 500.1, or cactus sounds 5kw would be in my top picks. Two smaller amps would be easier to resell and allow some future flexibility.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1833
With any setup running 5kw or so I would make sure you have a really good or two really good alternators as well as some nice group 31 batteries to back things up,as well as a couple runs of wire.

Sorry, having a bit of a rough week here. Switching jobs and taking a pay cut so I can focus more on my college classes myself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
no their buget is done they said its loud enough and my neighbor complains will electrical upgrades be neccasary .. im just going to stick with my sub and buy another one .. what amp should i get and i need a box for two 12's asap

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15127
ur going to buy a 2nd sub ?

man ur nuts !

1 is far more than u will ever need if its in the proper box with proper amp & installation

...trust me on this unless u want to lose some hearing at a young age ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
well i mean i think its loud now at only have 1000 more watts rms to go .. so how much better could it really sound with a 2500 wat amp

Bronze Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 74
alot if you get a good quality amp and the electrical to see all the watts.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9370
POSTIN' IN A TROLL THREAD.

GJ GUYZ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us