What size amp do you think i need, and will it be harmful

Username: Wazzup592

Post Number: 1
Well currently i have

a RF p500-2 Amp with
1 12 inch RF p3 sub

Its in a ford focus.

A long time ago i added 4 Pioneer TS-A6882R to replace the crappy stock speakers.
The new ones are 280w max and 50 rms i believe.
I recently decided that i want to amp the door speakers because i want louder vocals, sometimes the bass overpowers the vocals.

questions:
What size amp do you think would be appropriate to amp the door speakers?

Would running another amp to my battery affect my alternator or battery.

Is amping the door speakers worth my time, like how much better does it sound?

And also would i need a capacitor, I dont know much about them, but im trying to to remove as much strain on the battery as i can.

Thanks

Post Number: 3
some help please :/

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6746
first, amping speakers will definately help.

second, i'd really think about upgrading the front speakers to a nice component set and then getting an amp for them. but if for some reason you don't want to then if your speakers are 50wrms, then get an amp that'll do 50wrms.

with that little power being ran in your car, you should have no problem at all. just watch for signs that it may be though, easiest would be lights dimming. but you really shouldn't have to worry about it at all.

and no cap. if you have the money to waste on that, then take that money and upgrade the battery under the hood.

Post Number: 6
Money is tight and the amp I found pushes 57.5 wrms 4 channel so I assume all would be good. My lights alredy dim a little off the sub. But it also did In the mazda 3 it was in so I'm not really worried about it. I mean my friend has like around 1000w Rms on his stock everything and it's fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us