What are some of the best systems on the market?

Username: Toledokid

Post Number: 1
I hear so much hype about SoloX, but what else is out there that pushes massive trunk space?

I like clear bass, I don't listen to just rap, I'm into Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, and Bloodbath and other stuff like that, so I want clear tones.

What would you guys suggest?

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1837
are you asking what is the best subs on the market??? a system consist of more then just a sub and it all depends on the install, box, and etc....

Post Number: 2
oh, I just want to replace the sub that was in the car when I bought it, it had a 12 Kenwood eXcelon, but that ate the dust, and now I'm using a Kenwood eXcelon KFC XW1005dB, but that thing is just garbage, but it's all I had sitting around.

I'm looking to be able to have some loud thump, but not sacrificing any sound quality.

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 661
Diamond D6 15s on a aq2200 should do real nice, have the box built to the specs on diamonds web site and it'll hit pretty damn hard but sound even better.

How much are you willing to spend? do have an amp? what all needs to be purchased?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2586
With the music you listen too, you will not want a solox. I recommend a nice strong SQ sub.

Biggest thing is budget for sub/amp.

Kevin

Post Number: 3
Thanks for all the replies, currently the subwoofer amp is a Kenwood Excelon 1000 watt (I can't find the exact model number) mono subwoofer amp, I think it is one of the older KAC- models.

I'll def. look into the Diamond audio you guys suggested.

Being a musician and music junkie I'm willing to throw down on a good subwoofer setup, cause I love to feel my music, lets say up to $900 for the subwoofers if I get 2, and however much the amplifier costs I will need to power it.

the rest of the car audio is pretty good, not sure about the actual models but everything but the tweets are aftermarket, but the tweeters don't seem to reproduce rich highs, but that is another story.

for anyone who is wondering this is a 97' Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

edit: i found this very tiny image of a picture of the amp i use to power my subwoofer http://images.fixya.com/K/Kenwood/59x50/20776746.JPG

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6799
pair or idqs and a matching amp is a sealed enclosure :-)

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 663
X2 that would sound good. I recommend putting a nice comp set up front lets say Hex comp set from Diamond, With the space you have you maybe able to use some 15's depending on the lows you want or 4 10's would be sick. Putting some deadner in the doors and pretty much the whole car

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3620
If your a musician you should invest in a full system, not just a sub stage. If your subs overpower your music you will be very frustrated when listening to rock or metal.

Post Number: 4
I've already got pretty good aftermarket speakers in my rear and bottom door speakers (the mids), I'll probably replace the tweeters later.

I'll check out Hex comp, but I don't think I'd be able to do much with any 15's, the set up right now isn't very efficient to the space.

How much would 2 Diamond Hex 12's run (if they even come in 12's)? I'll call my local Diamond dealer Monday and ask them, but they don't seem to have much of a selection, only 10's.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 665
I was implying Hex component speakers,
http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/95/

these subs

http://www.diamondaudio.com/content/view/127/145/

unless you can afford the hex pro

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 568
diamond ftw great product

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6803
components? DLS..

:-)

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 301
what part of toledo are you from? i could possibly help build you a box.

o i did a box build over the weekend, overyone. btw.
i went to a buddies up in michigan, and did a build yesterday and today.
2 12" w6. it was sick. best box i've ever made.

but no charger for his camera and no phone cam.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1894
pyle makes the best ever!
i have 4 12inch pyles! it was so loud my broke my front glass and my freinds ears started to bleed!

Post Number: 5
im in point place (the better side of the north end) right by washington township.

Bronze Member
Username: Jaimish

Post Number: 22
get a jl audio 10 w7 with a h.o box and a 500/1 amp..

best sq u can get!!

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1782
"best sq u can get!! "

^^^ thats just one persons opinion

"get a jl audio 10 w7 with a h.o box and a 500/1 amp"

^^^ only if u feel like wasting your money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
get a jl audio 10 w7 with a h.o box and a 500/1 amp..

best sq u can get!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i say again!!

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1783
^^h0m0

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6838
hey abarca... RE SEs :-) lol

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1784
"hey abarca... RE SEs lol "

FTMFW

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I went and bought 2 of the 12" Diamond Audio D6 2ohm subwoofers. Got them both for $209 a piece.

Now I'm looking for ideas on what kind of amplifier will be able to power them, cause my 1000watt kenwood can't run both these bad boys. I posted this question on the amplifiers forum too, but I figured I'd post here too since this is where I originally asked.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1810
your going to need ~1200rms at 2ohms. not too many options but a Kicker ZX1000.1 would be nice for those subs, its underrated and will put out some nice power for the D6's

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11510
"get a jl audio 10 w7 with a h.o box and a 500/1 amp..

best sq u can get!!"

Heard it before and it was weak. The SQ was legit, the output was laughable imo.

For the D6s, what's your budget for the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
my budget is about 350 to 450.

Won't be able to afford it at all till the 1st of next month, so I've got plenty of time to decide on which would be best.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1985
jl audio W6

best sq sub. i think every one will agree

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Fully Loaded BL 15?, IA US

Post Number: 2280
hmm..a sub pushing trunk space? sounds weird.
in your situation, it seems like many different subs would work for you. Your not going to get a sub that has the best sq to you (sound quality is subjective) on a random buy like over the internet...you would have to hear and test many subs...which wont be possible

you should figure out if you want a pure sq, sql, or spl sub. most high end subwoofers have very good sq, even if they are SPL subs.

The jl w6 is nice, so are the diamonds, but theres many different subs you could look at. Im sure an FI sub would have sufficient sound quality for you, I think they sound great, strong build, saves some money, and yeah they get loud. Audioque would work for you, DDs, would work for you, really theres many many choices...

If your needs are moving some air, getting loud, and not sacrificing sound quality there are manyyy high end brand subwoofers that will do that easily

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11754
You really should change the order to a different ohm coil so you have more choices for an amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I've already purchased and received the 2 12' diamond audio d6 2ohms.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11511
"jl audio W6

best sq sub. i think every one will agree"

Good thing SQ isn't subjective....oh wait.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us