Clifford Matrix 12.2x problems

Username: Phantasm

Post Number: 1
OK, so here's my issue:

I have a Clifford Matrix 12.2x in a '01 Civic. i got in a slight rear-ender and just got it back from the shop. my alarm no longer works, and i dont know why. it doesnt look like they pulled the battery (that shouldnt matter, as ive pulled it before this with this alarm and it worked fine afterword). the alarm chirps when i turn the ignition key ON/OFF, and Valet mode works too so i know the alarm is still functioning and electrical is good.

but i CANT use my remote. when i try to arm/disarm/anything the remote just beeps at me signifying it cant communicate with the alarm. ive scoured forums trying to find someone with a similar issue with the 12.2x but havent found anything. anyone think they know whats goin on here??

thanks in advance.

Username: Phantasm

Post Number: 2
UPDATE:

spoke with Clifford's tech support. representative had me try entering programming mode and adding the remote via these steps:

1) Turn ignition to ON
2) press and release Valet Button
3) press and hold Valet Button until alarm chirps
4) press Arm button on remote

the remote still could not communicate with alarm, and alarm did not chirp to confirm the addition of the remote. At this point either the remote is bad, or they screwed some wires up. i stuck my head under the stearing column and checked the connections to the alarm and they all look good.

at this point i have a feeling some technician dropped my remote and f'ed it up. i have the spare and will try that when i get home tonight.

*sigh*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us