Alpine Amp MRP-M850 Issue

Username: Yomoman

Homestead, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Need Help Please....

I had my local shop install my new Alpine Amp MRP-M850 to a single 12" Kicker L7 and they also installed an Alpine Amp MRP-F240 to my mids and highs.

The stereo sounds nice and clear. My issue begins when I crank the music way up. My bass disappears.

The sub amp remains on and not hot or overheated. I shut the head unit off and on and the bass returns.

I believe it's an electrical current issue but I would like to share this issue with fellow car audio guys and gals before I break my bank account trying to find out the hard way...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11582
It sounds like its either a current issue or severe clipping (distortion) is occurring. What its doing is going into protect mode and then resetting when you restart. If you keep repeating this issue you will blow your amp. To see if its a possible current issue lets find out what size alternator you have. what year make and model is your vehicle?

Homestead, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your prompt response...I have a 2000 Honda Civic 4dr

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11603
I couldnt find out the exact size but from what i see with other models you probably have a 75 amp alt and that would be your problem because that alpine 800 alone uses up to 80 amps and that doesnt allow any room for your cars basic electrical needs.

Homestead, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
Sean,

I appreciate your continuous support with my issue. Do you think a stonger battery or a secondary battery would resolve this issue?

I was looking at the Kinetik Battery HC1400...

Thanks again...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11621
No the right fix would be a larger alternator. If you have a civic si this might be the fix for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-NEW-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-HIGH-OUTPUT-ALTERNATOR-160-AMPS_W0QQitemZ130234137348QQcmdZViewItem

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11622
You would have to watch how loud you had it at idle but at 1600 rpm or higher you would be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us