Is there a way to turn the RMS on an amp down a little?

Username: Ph7ryan

Cumming, GA United States

Post Number: 1
I am going to try and power 2 of these

(http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8905_Rockford+Fosgate+Punch+P3D415.html#)

on one of these

(http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14910_Power+Acoustik+BAMF-4000-1D+-BAMF40001 -D-.html)

the only problem is that when all of the VC's are on one load, they are running at 1 ohms, and the RMS at 1 ohms is 2200. Each VC can handle 500 RMS, X4= 2000 RMS....Would this extra 200 RMS matter, and would I have an issue with these components matching...thanks for any help

I try to learn as much as possible to not ask so many questions but sometimes you have to...sorry for sounding like a little noob asking for help...

Post Number: 3
bump...please help

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2653
You won't have an issue running that much power to those subs. If you think it is too much, just turn the gain down on the amp.

Also, if you want to wire 4 subs to a 1 ohm load, you will need to get the Dual 2 ohm models.

Post Number: 4
ok...thanks for the reply...but if each VC is 4 ohms, then when one sub is wired with both VC's on one load it would be 2 ohms right...and then if each sub is running at 2 ohms, wouldn't both subs on one load be 1 ohm? Thanks again BTW

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6725
you're right, 2 dual 4ohm subs will wire down to 1ohm. i think the way you're wording your posts had donnie confused, it does look like you're talking about 4 subs from the way you're typing.

and when you look at a sub to purchase and the rms says 500w, that's 500w for the sub, not each voice coil.

honestly you'll probably be fine (not 100% sure though) with those 2 subs and that amp. there's no way in hell that thing is doing 2200wrms @ 1ohm. i'd be willing to guess half that just based on everything i've read about that brand. and to let you know, pa does suck so you'd be better off with another amp.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6943
First off, if you don't have adequate power system in your car, you will NOT get 2200wrms. No cap/batteries will help. You need a HO alternator.
Assuming you already have that, most speakers/subs will handle more power than rated, as long as it's clean! That is, no clipping/distortion.
If the numbers you're talking about are real, you'd go deaf long before the sub/amp reaches 2200w.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us