OT- Component Help - Experience preferred...

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Fully Loaded BL 15?, IA US

Post Number: 2252
I currently have pg octane 6.5 components, 75rms each side, not too great.

I want to upgrade to around 150rms on some new components, probably 2 way and also passive crossovers for ease. BUDGET: $200 - 300.
I listen to mostly all rap, so i need them to sound good on that, - it is not an sq setup or competition anything.

So far all ive figured is the CDT HD 62s, but ive heard of sum problems with their 480 xovers and also their tweeters, so im still not sure.

I would have searched this again, but everything is inconsistent and it takes hours and hours to come up with possibilities. Im just looking for sum high quality components in this price range, with the least amount of flaws.

Any suggestions will help, also suggestions on amp for the comps would be helpful, i was looking at kickers zx450 so far. 150 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms
# 225 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms.

Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1834
talk to exige audio, thats his username on here and aim. he'll hook you up with some cdt comps.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6753
if you just want loud and clarity go with the CDTs.. they will do what you want

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 564
diamonds comps are nice

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6724
id comps.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6754
its nice how you two replied but very vague, how about listing the actual models that will handle that power?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6514
rainbow slc 265 talk to 6spdcoupe on ca.com

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15070
i have those HD62 in my ride about 10mths now

gets pretty loud & really good in the 60-80hz range , can drop to 50hz also ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2254
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think ive figured to go with the CDTs.If the sq is ok for me on these pgs then the cdts will be fine. They should get plenty loud for me too.

Any amp suggestions? I was thinking of a KICKER zx450 and running it at 4 ohms, not bridged, to be easier on the amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15095
how about a pdx 2.150

i just got 1 but havent hooked it up as yet ....

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1610
have your purchased your component sets yet?

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 567
http://www.woofersetc.com/p1138/S600s--Diamond-Audio-HEX-65"-Components-W-Silk-Tweeter.htm

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4652
I ran the cdt hd62 components. I didn't like them at all. The midrange/bass was great though. But it didn't sound crispy. It couldn't keep up with the system I had as well. It had its times when it sounded great. Other times, not so great. When I changed to the memphis 15msync6 components. I fell in love. The midbass wasn't as great but the output was far greater. The tweeters could be off axis and would still sound great. With the tweeters in the cdt setup. I would have to place them on axis for them to sound great and get that full sound.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2255
I checked out the Diamonds ^, those look pretty good, but i know absolutely nothing about them, might check some reviews.

I also looked at the memphis comps u were talking about berny, but their rating was a little low at 100rms. How did u go from the 180rms cdts to those and did u underpower the cdts and they didnt keep up??

Im still confused about what to get but i want to order today. I might go with the hd62s and the kicker zx450.2. I see that amp as the best bet for me - 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4655
Powered the cdt's with a massive 800.4 at first. Then switched to a jl 450/5 using the 150 x 2 @ 4ohm outputs. CDT's sounded the same. Switched to the memphis on the jl 450/4 amp and it was noticeably louder and kept up with my system.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2256
I was actually sick of thinking about it, so i just ordered (could turn out a bad idea) haha.

Got what i was saying::

Kicker zx450.2
CDT hd-62s
60a fuse holder + agu fuse

=only ~$470

Thanks for the input

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1113
if ur going to use the kicker 2 channel why not wire the sets together and get a 2 ohm load to get more power on them

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4656
Because then you wouldn't get stereo, you would get mono sound! Left and right wouldn't matter anymore.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1616
who did you order the CDT sets from?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11641
If anyone wants the diamond audio hex's cheaper go here.

http://www.autosoundswarehouse.com/servlet/the-183/HEXS600S-S600S-DIAMONDAUDIO-C OMPONENTS/Detail
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us