6.5 comparison, $200

Username: C21h30o2

Post Number: 9
Well i just got back from a local car audio shop. Took a listen to some memphis speakers and wasnt very impressed at all
Took a listen to some JL c5s (out of my price range), i liked their sound. Kind of bright - the guitar picking sound had pretty nice intonation, very little distortion in the deep "chugging" metal riffs.
Unfortunately their Focal display was down, and i was really hoping to take a listen to those.

Im lookin for a set of comps for around 200 (Im upgrading from a pair of infinity reference p.o.s. comps) and it seems like Image dynamics, focal and rainbows are all really well respected. But i cant take a listen for myself.
Could anybody share their input on which would have cleaner midbass - after having those infinitys with no sound deadening I really miss my mids
Ill be matching them up with a DIYMA 12, 1.1 cuft ported at 30hz off a Clarion dpx1851

If its any help, my ideal sound would be to replicate my Ultimate Ears fi.3 headphones, im in love with their SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6959
Have you thought of getting parametric equalizer instead? Sure you can spend hundreds of dollars on a great set of component speakers, but most of the time, with an aid of spectrum analyzer and good ear, you can achieve good sound quality with mid quality components.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us