Component Help

Bronze Member
Username: Jordon32990

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 80
Alright, I need to find some good component speakers that can handle 75 rms and sound good doing so.
My truck has room for 4" round components or possibly 4X6.
I had my eyes on 4" Type X until I realized they only handle a rated 40 watts...

Ideas?

Thanks,

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10490
alpine comps are ok..... no 4" speaker is going to handle much power. and stay away from 4x6s, I haven't ever seen a good one.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 81
Ok, so what do you suggest I do?
The speaker chamber for the rear speakers in my truck can only fit those sizes...

Username: D2freak

Post Number: 3
I think what they're saying is use 4" alpine comps, don't use 4x6. Just because they won't take more than 40rms doesn't mean they won't put out some good sound.
You could always make the hole bigger, and put a bigger speaker in there, but more power doesn't always mean it's better.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 82
The amp I have right now is the JL 300/4 and puts out 75 rms X 4.
So I need a some speakers that can handle as such. If I were to shave an inch or so around the chamber, what other speaker options does that open up?

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10494
Rear speakers dont do anything good to begin with so that solves your problem right there, don't run them..... none of the high end SQ systems do and theres a reason for it.

Then you can bridge that amp and get 150w X 2 which would be great for a high end set of comp speakers in front. That would by far be the best way to set that up.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 83
The front doors are 5 1/4 round speakers. I also have custom speaker chambers in the dash I can possibly fit 5X7's in.
What are the best options?
Budget is 100-200, don't have a problem buying used...

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 617
Diamond comps are very clean. I would suggest the D6 series. RF comps will handle more than rated power as well, not the best sounding but far better than stock. I have some power series 5.25s with 75wrms on them and they do fine at the highest level. Are you going for a soft sound or a harsh sound? Also I would highly recommend putting deadner in the doors.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10496
CDT..... exige audio can prob get you some of their mid-grade stuff for that price

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 84
Do you have a link that I can look up their products?

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 85
http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SPR-13S-TYPE-R-5-25-COMPONENT-SYSTEM-NEW-2009_W0QQite mZ280351454954QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item41463fb6ea&_trksid=p3286. c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C2 93%3A1%7C294%3A50

I have heard these before and was fairly impressed. Any opinions on these as well?

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 86
And I am looking for new components because I want to be able to hear the lyrics and highs over my subs... I am not for sure if I would be after "harsh" or "soft."
i would have to be explained the difference.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1716
do you have a car audio place near you?? i would suggest going and demo-ing some out and writing down which ones you like. come back and tell us EXACTLY which ones you liked and which ones you didnt, in detail. this will let us know if you like the harsher tweeter, stronger midbass, more midrange, or whatever.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 87
There are a couple shops nearby I could check out.
I have tested the Infinity Kappa, Alpine Type R, and Type S components so far. The Type S sucked, Type R was the best of the 3, and the Infinity was pretty nice. I'll check some more out and post whats up.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10502
How much are you paying for the Rs. Those are decent speakers and good deals can be had on them if you know where to look.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 88
I found a new set on Ebay for like $118 shipped.
I went demo-ing today, they only had 3 sets of 5X7's in stock.
JL, TR series or something like that, were ok, TMA was pretty good, and the Eclipse I liked considerably. Eclipse SE8375, I don't think it could handle 75 rms daily though...
I still think I like the type R more. Plus it has a rated power handling of 100 rms.
Do you know where to look to find good deals on them?
If so, please tell.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10508
ebay it is.....

also watch caraudio.com classifieds

Don't get 5x7 or any other non round speakers though. A good set of components will out perform anything else.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 89
So I should look into getting some 5" round components then?

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 90
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406331

They are coaxial... But just throwing some options out there for consideration. Its good to get some other opinions on them.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15049
go ebay for some DLS - they make gr8 sounding speakers ...

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10517
Yea 5.25" components.... coaxials are mid grade at best.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 622
I have the Alpine type-r components and have been pleased with them. Like M.S. said they are a very good set for the money that they can be had for.

Bronze Member

Hagerstown, IN

Post Number: 93
Alright, I looked up the DLS, price difference is a little vast between the two. And ordering a set without first being able to hear them is an unnecessary risk...
i will be ordering the Type R 5.25 components. I don't think I can beat there performance for $118 brand new shipped to my door. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us