50 more watts

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 611
Right now I've got about 100 per channel on my mids, do y'all think another 50 will be very noticeable? I may step it up to 200 per channel not sure. The mids are mpyre 6.5s they say 150rms each. I guess really what I'm wondering is if 50 will be a good improvement or do I just need to step it up to 200 per channel

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10486
You might notice it. If they're rated for 150w then put around 150w on them....

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2893
When I first installed my mmats. I had them off a PPI amp (90rms). I bought a JL 300/2 (150rms) and i notice a huge diff.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 612
Yeah cause I dont want spend another 200-300 and hardly notice a diff. With 100 on them right now it doesn't even phase lol. They're loud but not enough low end yet. Sound great too

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10488
Midbass problems are almost always the installation. More power ain't going to fix that.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 613
I did a pretty good job on the install I think. The door is sealed as much as it can be with deadner and in the big holes I put ribs in. The with the spacer plate I sealed it up to the door and put foam strip where the speaker mounts up. Its pretty solid. the SQ is great but Its just not loud enough. Some ppl are putting 250 on these things.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10491
To be fair, I've never heard of those speakers... so maybe they do just need a lot of power... some speakers are like that

But I'm still inclined to think they just aren't capable of the output you're wanting and that 50 more watts isnt going to change that.

Silver Member

Ms Us

Post Number: 615
I'm not wanting a bunch lol. I know these things will handle more power

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts