High RMS rear speakers and wiring two amps with one RCA output

Username: Phil0123

Post Number: 1
hi

ive currently purchased a pair of kenwood 5way500W (90RMS) 6*9 speakers and a pair of Soundstream PCS6.5 Picasso - 6.5" Speakers which have an rms of 85w. The amp i purchased is a Kenwood KAC-M845. the specs of the amp say i can run 90W x 4 at 2ohms. i was just wondering how to wire up the speakers at 2ohms.
also i am planning to run a mono block amp to a sub, neither of which i have purchased as yet. but i only have one RCA output in the back of my head unit. how could i wire up the RCA cables so that i could do this?

sorry if im asking rookie questions. im pretty new to this.
thanks
phil

Silver Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 200
phil my man, i don't think you will be able to resolve the RCA problem without buying a new head unit.

as for wiring it to 2 ohms give this link a try:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp

Post Number: 2
ive bought a pioneer head unit with 3 RCA head units.. so solved that problem. now im having troubles with wiring to the power... :-( the head unit that is. would i still be able to turn it on if there is no speakers hooked up to it? i would of though so

Username: Darsum

Florida

Post Number: 1
you mean one pair of RCA output? what headunit is it? You may either need to:
1.change the headunit to another with at least 2 pairs of RCA output, or
2. buy an external crossover, or
3. buy 2 pc. of Y-adapter/splitter (1 male to 2 female), granting both of your amps. comes with built-in crossovers. You also need two pairs of RCA cables, the lengths to be determined by you.
For the amp. that will power the sub. set the Low Pass Filter to 80Hz.
For the amp. that will power the component speakers set the High Pass Filter to 90Hz.

Florida

Post Number: 2
oops, my post came late. but good try on my part.

Florida

Post Number: 3
read the manual. In almost all cases, red and yellow wires are for positive, black is negative, blue with white stripe wire is for remote turn on.
You can power the headunit on, even without speakers hooked up to it, just make sure no wires are shorting.

Post Number: 3
all good, got it to work. i blew a fuse in the ligther.. whoops. i got an auto electrician at BA audio in ballarat to fix it for 5 bucks :-))

Bronze Member
Username: Jerel_coles

Pennsylvania United states

Post Number: 11
my last head unit only had one rca output .. will a system him harder with two rca outputs or stay the same
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us