Can my amp be fixed?

Silver Member
Username: Dan_white

Post Number: 121
Broke my RCA cable's connecters in the input to the amp and like an idiot, didn't think before snapping something attached to the end of the bolts inside the amp...

When I use the other RCA slots the gain/filters are useless and it plays all frequencies and at a set volume.

Home fixable with some soldering? Or should I spend the money to have it fixed and can it be fixed?

Anyone seen this happen before? lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6642
sounds like it should not be hard to fix.. i'd discharge the amp before working on it tho

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 588
post pics

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
took the amp case off and all it looks like i need to do is solder the wire back to the bolt.

Heres the real problem. The RCA ends are stuck in the holes. I have no idea how Im going to get them out. Ive tried sticking numerous objects in the hole to try and pry it out with no luck.

Ideas anyone???Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
bump

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Tucker, Georgia United States

Post Number: 317
My friend recently did the exact same thing. Drill a hole in the snapped off rca piece with those really thin bits that do not seem to be good for anything. Be careful not to drill to deep.Try to back it out. If that does not work, dip a tooth pick in super glue, and insert it in the pre-drilled hole, be careful not to touch the sides OPERATION! LOL)let it bond, and pull out slowly. Hope this helps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
Ty for response but I ended up comming up with the exact same solution. Soldered the wire to the end and I should be good to go. Just need to get my sub back from my friend who I let borrow it...which hes prolly ganna duck my calls LOL

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2891
Don't call him show up to his house early in the morning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us