Sound deadening

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1427
Ok guys the search function is not working for me now but anyways im looking to deaden my doors for the new install. its gonna be in an impreza, im just wondering what everyone uses for deadener and how they do it.

basically im looking for the best stuff for a budget build.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 600
If I was to do anymore deadening to my car I personally would by from one of these two companies.

Raammat
http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=hm

Second Skin
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/

<600 postsUpload

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 190
I used SS Damp Pro if you got a little extra money to spend why not do it ya know I'm still an amateur and was able to do a full install in my explorer made a HUGEEEEE difference.

http://www.j-designs.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=117&start=30

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1430
is it necessary to put like a final piece of foam over everything like Ive seen done before. if so what do you use in that case.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Post Number: 1823
second skin damplifier works good, i just recently used it.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4126
damplifier pro is what i use. :-) very good stuff. or dynamat extreme.

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1083
could i be losing dbs on the mic if the cars roof is flexing and the quarter panels are also

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4637
I used SS Damplifier on my friends Chrysler 300 trunk with expanding foam and we killed a ton of noise. You don't hear his trunk rattle anymore, more like a humming noise.

Username: Sideout2002

Post Number: 1
I absolutely agree with Joseph. Many people use nothing more that a dynamat type rubber material Iwhich is expensive) that primarily helps control vibration. Sound deadening benefits MUCh more from some type of Foam material. I have personally had great success with the edead foam.
Amazon always has it for a really good price. It is very easy to apply and to cut. I did my entire car if anyone needs pics tips or a cheap place for the foam.

Bronze Member
Username: D2freak

Post Number: 12
FatMat also is rather low cost, I've had descent luck with it, can find on ebay fairly inexpensive, do your whole car for around 100$

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3617
"FatMat also is rather low cost, I've had descent luck with it, can find on ebay fairly inexpensive, do your whole car for around 100$"

That would depend on the car my friend.

Which ever you buy make sure you put it on correctly. Having it peel off 3 months down the road is not a good feeling.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4135
best way to do it is lay down deadener and then a layer like second skin spectrum sludge over it. that is what ill be doing. hope i gain of im f.ucked. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Denim

SoundSolutionsAudio.com, MD USA

Post Number: 858
I have had great results from Second Skin Damplifier Pro. Also check out www.sounddeadenershowdown.com.

All new products for good prices by the guy that did the SDS for the last few years.

Bronze Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 69
Not to threadjack but how much would i need for a ford ranger standard cab? I dont exactly know what all i would need to cover. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15054
SS ftw ! ...

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1103
ok i have a question how much ss would i need to do the roof of my car and would this increase my scores like 2 dbs? whats the difference between damplifier and damplifier pro

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 4136
damplifier pro is thicker then reg. damplifier.just for you roof id say 2 layers 20sq ft would do it.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3415
Never had a problem with the Fatmat.. I bought 100 S^2 ft and completely did my JGC. Have p[lenty left for my Van. Think I spent ~125 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2807
meh fatmat.

Bronze Member
Username: Cdb004

I got 6 12s 153.1 daily

Post Number: 74
What van mark? Damplifier pro worked great for us

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7493
I will say one thing...the aluminum backing on second skin damplifier pro is BEASTLY.

It will cut the hell out of you, just ask cory.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4644
I've had great results with SS Damplifier and Stinger expert road kill. I haven't used SS damplifier pro as of yet since I have plenty of Stinger expert roadkill left. I used around 30sqft, 1 layer for the roof of my 4dr yukon and it has killed a ton of noise.

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4645
I forgot i posted in this thread lol. fail. -_-

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5156
I agree with everyone who said Damplifier Pro. It is such a hard job to deaden a car, why mess around? It costs more but you can use less for the same results, and you will be happy you did in the end.

And I also agree with Canaan... shit is like a knife. Not a bad idea to wear some cotton gloves when putting it in.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5157
Berny you dumbass, I actually lol'd
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us