OT: Selling My Truck, Buying a Bike.

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 195
well its what im going to be doing. Having a 2008 Nissan frontier crewcab isnt exactly the thing ive always wanted lol. Im going to try and sell it and make a little bit of money and pay the rest of the note off and then a little off the top hopefully. But i'm looking at buying a 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa. I really dont know sh*t about bikes..so yeah. i know i can do exterior and lighting and make it look good etc, but anybody know anything about adding some speed to this thing?

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/Hayabusa/2009/GSX130 0R.aspx?category=sportbike

Bronze Member
Username: Skateguy92

Post Number: 94
ummm nitrous or turbo.... if you dont know much about bikes to begin with... that hayabusa is gonna blow ur mind stock lol far from a beginners bike

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20511
Couple things.

1. You're going to ask for more than you owe?

2. "But i'm looking at buying a 2009 Suzuki Hayabusa. I really dont know sh*t about bikes..so yeah."

You're looking to buy one of, if not the fastest production bikes made when you don't know anything about them?

And you want to make it faster?????!!!!

It has 197 hp @ 9800rpm. Top speed is around 190mph.

I sincerely hope they don't sponge your azz up someday off the highway. Those bikes are insane out of the crate.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 597
http://www.turbo-kits.com/hayabusa_turbo_kits.html

^Boost it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
yeah, i know how to ride. i no longer own a bike. i DONT know much about tuning them. thats what i dont know about..lol. and paul, i dont owe much on it anymore. i can get more than i owe atm.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1429
i think i would drive as is for a while to get used of it. I have never driven one but i could imagine it is a crazy machine. other then that boost is the answer to soooo many problems.

Bronze Member
Username: Cdb004

I got 6 12s

Post Number: 59
Your getting one of the fastest production bikes dont think unless your taking it to the drag strip you will want much more than just a slip on exhaust for sound.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6625
you don't need to mod a busa unless you plan on racing some insanely fast cars/bikes for cash

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20515
Going down on anything doing more than 80 mph on the the streets means your body turns into ground meat unless you're protected. Going 100mph+ means they will be finding parts of you in MANY places. If you fail at 180+,

You better have a Batman suit on.

Or else.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
jack, nothing is out of the question. and paul, ive seen the aftermath of a guy losing it on a Kawasaki getting on a highway, a vette picked him up and drug him down the road caught under the front end. the sh*t wasnt pretty..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20517
Just so you know man. I've ridden for 20 years. Seen the worst of it and avoided my own disasters. I wanted the cr0tch rocket all my life. Once I got kids though.......

It changes your urges, or at these tames them.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM REVOLUTION Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 566
i'm looking at gettin a bike to save gas and for road trip's =] ............ i have been looking at the yamaha r6

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
the r6 is nice bro =] and paul, what kinda bike you ride?

Gold Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 1021
steven,
All I have to say is that you need to be a very level headed and patient person to own a Hayabusa. The power is there and the temptation is great.

Alcohol is out of the question. Even if you are a social drinker. You need to stop. No matter where you are with this bike, someone will be challenging you to take it to its limit. Everyone of my friends who has had one. (and these guys know how to ride... original Starboys look them up) have given them up because they new "It was just a matter of time"

Just my opinion.

Bronze Member
Username: Cdb004

I got 6 12s

Post Number: 60
I like the twisties and the track so busas are not to fun for that but the r6 is a sick track weapon

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20518
Steven, I am currently "bikeless" at the moment. I sold mine shortly after my divorce. I'm a single parent now and can't afford to be laid up in some hospital bed being fed through a tube, or worse. Not to mention car seats don't fit too well on them. I learned on my Father's CB350. My first bike was a Honda Magna. Loved it but eventually wanted more highway power. The bike I just sold was my 1400 Intruder. When my kids are older I'll jump back on one again. I just can't take the gamble until then.

I'll tell ya though the biggest transition was going from one of the smoothest engines (Honda's V-4) to a big V-twin. Rumble, rumble.

This was taken just before my ride down to Virginia Beach.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4830
I suggest mounting it on the hood of a Buggati Veyron if you want it faster.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3326
I have lost 3 friends who rode crotchrockets. Two of them raced bikes for a living, and the 3rd had no business on a bike. He totaled a truck on the beach (if you can believe that is possible) and bought it with insurance money. I gave him 6 months to live.. He lived about 4 months. I love the looks, sounds, and preformance, but I want to see my children grow up before I die... I KNOW I wouldn't make it very long on a bike like that. I'm too much of a speed freak. Good Luck.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3327
Anyone ever heard of a Kawasaki "Triple"?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us