Deciding on HU

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6501
What up guys. I decided im just going to put in a small system in the diesel after all.

I want a pioneer or alpine HU. I really like pioneers better but alpine is good so I wont count them out.

I need something that has an aux in or ipod connect.

Also need sat. radio. and the volume needs to be a knob not push button.

I would prefer to by new. Price range is 250 i guess.

Just wondering what you guys like or dont like. Iv been out of buying stuff for a long time.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5147
Upload

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19632&gclid=CJnsj_CO0ZoCFSRPagod01f72w

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20498
Damn Brad what CAN'T you do?

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6502
damn that thing sound great. in a review it says you can plug in your ipod leave it in the glove box and control it from the HU. that would be nice.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 559
alpine does the same thing but man the pioneer looks sexy

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6503
yeah really its more then I need in this truck so I almost wonder if I should get it. Also whats better XM or Sirius?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1661
" Also whats better XM or Sirius?"

its the same company now. doesnt matter. its actually called XMSirius. i have it in my truck and its nice, lots of channels and every game imaginable

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6504
oh ok thats cool.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6601
Alpine CDA9887

/thread

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2947
{if thread == open{say ::
Brad posted the perfect radio for what you need.
}
}

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6603
meh, pioneer

Gold Member

Post Number: 2950
Nothing wrong with them if you have any clue how to install a radio by plugging the RCAs in last.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6617
All of the nicest SQ cars I've heard and seen run Alpine.. or Denon :-) .. few others.. rarely any pioneer

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6506
ok yeah it looks like ill end up getting the one brad posted at some point. the alpine is a little more then I want to spend. As much as a love sq its kinda pointless in a diesel truck unless its turned off.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2951

quote:

All of the nicest SQ cars I've heard and seen run Alpine.. or Denon :-) .. few others.. rarely any pioneer

Most of the ones I see run clarion or eclipse, but that is beside the point. The OP said he wanted a nice radio for a daily listener for around $250, in which that alpine is $300+. Pioneer is indeed not the best radios, but you got to go by the customer's limits.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6620
You can get the 9887s all day for $250-$275 on ebay when listed..

I paid $250 for my new one..

website here.. free shipping no tax $302.76
http://www.lorimerelectronics.com/item_detail.php?item_id=121643

Used you can for sure get them cheaper

Btw, those cars you mentioned.. did they run just h/u or processors with them? best car i've heard ran an alpine dva player with an alpine h900

foosemangs foxbody from the SQ meet i went to last

Upload
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10433
I like the way kevin thinks

Gold Member

Post Number: 2952
I looked for the alpines that cheap with no luck lol.

Thats a sick install. Im not sure if the ones i heard were running a processor.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5150
Would you guys get off Alpines' dick already?

The unit I posted is a newer (2008) model, and the issues with the pico fuse blowing which caused RCA grounding issues (that I have still never witnessed in my dealings with about a dozen Pioneer decks) have been fixed. You think the engineers at Pioneer are morons? They had one faulty part, and they have to deal with assclowns like you for the rest of time. Their displays and features are second to none. Their looks and design have been copied by nearly every major brand. And by the way -- my 780MP has worked flawlessly every for almost 3 years now. So has the 780 I installed in Peyton's car. Ditto the three others I installed for friends, not to mention about a dozen people here at E that use the 780. What if you (lulz at the chances of this) could afford a Ferrari and some tiny little sensor in the engine went out? Do Ferrari's automatically suck and force you to tell everyone who will listen their shortcomings? No -- you suck for being so damn single minded.

For fücks sake, you guys remind me of the pimply faced kid who got beat every day of school and never forgot the bullies, then later became a cop in able to redeem his "manhood". Get the fück over it already.

And to say that Pioneer doesn't have high quality SQ units is ignorant at best. In the ultra-noisy environment of a car, SQ differences between similar high quality decks is impossible to discern. They use basically the same front end design and parts anyways. Who cares if the guys at your hick town car shows used a certain brand? Should we all change because of that?

I would love to put both of you blindfolded in a test car using the same amps and speakers, and then swap out HU's between all the major brands. If you guys think you could tell major differences or say: "that one is an Eclipse and that one is a Clarion etc... then you are even dumber than I originally thought.

/rant

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6629
"Would you guys get off Alpines' dick already? "

I'm sorry, if its good its good. Why else would so many people run Alpine. I guess their processing just sucks and maybe I should sell all my Alpine gear and get a Pioneer with some other processor that will work with that

"I would love to put both of you blindfolded in a test car using the same amps and speakers, and then swap out HU's between all the major brands. If you guys think you could tell major differences or say: "that one is an Eclipse and that one is a Clarion etc... then you are even dumber than I originally thought"

Too bad that could not happen depending on the processing being used..

But hell, I'd be your lending ear..

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6630
Btw, just looked at the specs for the Pioneer Premier DEH-P700BT

And yes their are other quality decks.. but they are also 3x-4x the money.. nakamichi, denon, mcintosh.. some other.. some dead heads and some not.. some you can used burned cds and some only originals

for the money, the 9887 is very nice.. from re-reading the ops post.. does he need it? not sounding like it.. but considering those who just want to add a system.. it normally ends up in the end as something else being added.. why not start out with something worth it

if its not the case, then whats it matter

/my rant.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2953

quote:

I would love to put both of you blindfolded in a test car using the same amps and speakers

Both of who? lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2954
didnt bump

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3333
alpine's interface is terrible. I wouldn't own one again. Never had the RCA problem with Pioneer and the Premier line is one of my personal fav's. I will be switching back when I decide to get the Van install going.. The only Denon car reciever I had was decent but that was quite a while ago. Only thing I really remember about it was the CD player quit working.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10448
IMO everything about the alpines is great, looks, interface, features, quality

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11446
"Both of who? lol"

Kevin and MS...

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10450
Hey, hold it there... where did i ever say one unit had better SQ than another.... i didn't. Because in a car the difference between 2 good quality HUs will not be audible.

What i said was "i like the way kevin thinks" meaning his preference of alpine HUs.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2768
who cares, you're still a fa*got.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 329
X2^^^

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1691
"What i said was "i like the way kevin thinks" meaning his preference of alpine HUs."

M.S., you like alpine HU??? since when?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3350
premier>Alpine

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10452
thanks snow..... takes one to know one i guess. and with a name like snowball i guess you should know....

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2956
Can't we all just get along? lol

Every headunit thread ends up like this

Gold Member

Post Number: 3360
I read somewhere that the "Alpine c0ck smokers" are the same people that voted for Obama.... It's all starting to make sense now.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2779
I voted for Obama and run premier Mark. lol.

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6667
mark, post links to pioneer setups winning SQ events.

im sorry bang for the buck alpine has it beat

yes their are better headunits than alpine, just not pioneer

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1692
i ran premier in my old car and didnt vote for obama

Gold Member

Post Number: 3361
Most High end(dvi/optical) sq setups use prosessors,ect. The HU is somewhat irrealivant. As M.S. stated the Audible difference is not noticable.

from my personal experience I sold this

Upload

which I bought new, and sold for the price of a used (mint condition)

Upload

It was a better overall HU..

This is all subjective, but that is what I feel on the matter. After having bought one of Alpines best HU's I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15035
i have my 860 premier going in just over 3ys with 0 problems & late last yr i actually tried to replace it with a 9886 which failed in every way compared to the 860 which i put back in the same day & sold the alpine a few days after

...the 860 Premier is still in my car & its only worthy replacement will be a Premier 800prs .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2957

quote:

im sorry bang for the buck alpine has it beat

I think Clarion has it beat there.
What other radio for $180 can you get USB/ipod controls, active crossover, color graphic display, time alignment, bluetooth, on face mute, etc.

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10455
Clarion doesn't get the rep they deserve.... they are one of the other brands i recommend to people.... they make some damn nice stuff.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1694
"they are one of the other brands i recommend to people"

when have you EVER recommended clarion in a "which HU should i get?" thread???

who am i?
"Alpine>all"
"Alpine>pioneer"
"Alpine FTW"
Alpine Alpine Alpine...

I am M.S. lol (ps. im just jackin with ya man)

Platinum Member

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10460
I don't care to search for threads but I can recall recommending alpine, clarion, and JVC multiple times......

And I most certiainly did not vote for obama haha. Wasn't too thrilled about voting for mccain either but i did.... our party had so much better candidates
running and he won, wtf.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1696
"And I most certiainly did not vote for obama haha. Wasn't too thrilled about voting for mccain either but i did.... our party had so much better candidates
running and he won, wtf."

x2

i was watchin like abc or something and they were havin a special on "the Obama White House".. kinda rubbed me wrong cuz its The White House, not obamas... but ehh whatevs. the TV stations love to mess with words and make something into what its not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us