What the deal with this Cascade Designs?

Username: Roman_noodles

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 10
So I came across this company today and wanting to know the deal. looks like PAP stuff.

Bronze Member
Username: Allthingzaudio

A - TOWN - WEST-END, GA USA

Post Number: 94
What do you want to know?

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 14
Who owns it, what is their background, who builds their stuff (99% sure PAP with different dustcap), anyone have actual experience with this stuff.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
I think the kids name who owns it is terra.

He is on here some times.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6696
terras' subs. pap's the buildhouse.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
I heard dudes still a kid like high school age that is just learning about audio.

can't knock his hustle.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3321
do a search for old threads pertaining to this subject on here and CA.com. Got pretty heated.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 15
So from what I got is he is a young kid that uses PAP subs. Which isnt saying alot since PAP makes inferior products.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6698
j/w, but what makes pap stuff inferior?

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 18
Do research.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2753
I don't know about that.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6699
do research? what kind of answer is that? i'd like to know why you think their inferior? bad experience with them personally? ran their subs and all of them fail from manufacturer defects? must be something.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 19
Put it this way, they do not hold power well and output lacks.

its an answer ctmike. and i dont think, i know.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1662
"and i dont think, i know."

then why did you make this thread??? you obviously already know about the "quality" of the product...

John Quack = FAIL

Silver Member
Username: Bumpin_buick

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 227
Not to sure where you are getting the facts John. I will lay down the truth for everyone. The V1s were designed by Alex, built at PAPs build house as its about 45minutes from him. PAP is capable of making great subs but they have horrible public relations and are not someone CD or anyother company that I know of would use again as a build house.

The subs them selves are nearly flawless minus the dustcap defect, CD paid for carbon fiber dust caps, PAP used paper caps with a carbon fiber sticker over it. BTW I was doing 156-157s in my chevette off of a pair.

Heres a vid at the latest show with two of 5kwrms each, at 30hz. Bassraced a 148 in an untuned box, untuned amp. We did the install at 1am the night before.

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/usask8er1/Green%20Bay%20Show/?action=vi ew&current=MVI_3946.flv

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6700
i know 2 people right now running pap subs, and no problems at all with them. both ported setups, and i know for a fact they're both given rated power and i haven't seen them fail.

wondering what you're running john?
also, what other forum you on/what's your name on them?

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11438
Way to not make it obvious that you are trying to douche on CD John. Not obvious in the least. You sir, are too sly....

If you want to try and make a product look bad, be a man and come out firing.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 228
Id love to see some stats on why CDs subs are bad. Hell if you were close enough Id let you demo a pair for a month and then tell me they are junk. If you look at what people on Team CD are doing right now for numbers these subs are keeping up with the best of the best. If they still had SM 1-2 i would be right on the US record, but I cant compete with SM 3-4 being in the same division now.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1664
that video is intense matt..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
Subs are the same as WMD by pap decent sub just can't handle alot of power for a long time.

If you think they are not the same call them yourself. Ask about OEM and they will switch the cap for you if you buy a small run.
If you want your own design you have to pay for the parts to get brought in and build a few hun of each size. I called them yesterday.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 229
Yes the issue is the sub was designed by Terra (Alex), PAP then gained all rights to the design when they had Alex sign a contract, that I wish he hadnt of signed. As far as long term power handling, I still dont really see that being an issue as I have run several tests on them and not had issues. My daily driver had about 3500wrms to each and in a little undersized box they did great, got warm only when I didnt have the multicells hooked up which meant it was due to low voltage/clipping

Gold Member

Post Number: 3322
What song was that in the video?

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 20
So you just proved my point, they are PAP subs with different dustcap.

no i am here trying to find out about them. when something looks the same it dont mean sht. now i know for a fact they are the same subs. good job dude mommy and daddy gave you money to put your name on someone else sub.

ctmike you are a feg, kill yourself.

thats cool matt but put them in a box tuned low and put the power to them and see what happens

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 230
John have you not read anything?

The box was 30hz with 5kwrms to each sub. Is that not low enough for you or not enough power?
Guy down the road is running an AQ3500D at 18v on each of his tuned to 35hz. Heres some more proof.

Heres two 15"s with an SAZ3000 on each. Thats right a 155.4 music average.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w0PE0kO7G8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caraudioclassif ieds.org%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D9801&feature=player_embedded

Heres another pair of 15"s on a Z1a at .5ohm. Jake was doing 152s on music with these two 15s in a box that was two small and a car that was too broken lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWSlPKJfWx0&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caraudioclassif ieds.org%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D4950&feature=player_embedded

John Quack please, if your going to bash a company or its products either have some damn good reasoning or be well known. I will be at World Finals again this year, hit me up when your there I will let you see first hand that the subs can handle anything its competition can take and more.

By they are not PAP subs, they were Cascade Designs subs, PAP just realized it was a good sub and they technically had rights to reproduce so they did. Please get your facts straight, before you go out to bash a product. Also have you ever seen or heard an Omega V1?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6706
"ctmike you are a feg, kill yourself."

haha, that's good. why so mad? called you out on some bullshi_t you tried starting? can't back up any of the shi_t you're claiming? please leave you douche bag.

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2760
guy's just ignore him. Guy's a douchebag.

Bronze Member
Username: Re_xxx

Green River, Wyoming U.S.A

Post Number: 39
There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Cascade....

They are not a bad sub company.... but to rank the omegas with the best is a lil far fetched.

My question to Matt is it true that the motors are imported thats why they use a lower grade Y-25 magnet?

And if PAP is not the buildhouse for CD anymore....who is?

And I have heard an Omega, and it was okay.... with an AB 400.1 (3800 rms) it got way way HOT and stinky, and didnt like that much power daily.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 233
Its actually Y-30 from Xinchang. The largest ferrite producer in the world. A huge majority of Ferrite for subs comes from them. Including RE ;). I havent talked to Steve Miller but I wouldnt be surprised if his came from the same place I know TC/Audiopulse gets it from the same place along with AQ and DD.

To the best of my knowledge no ferrite is produced in bulk in the US. All slugs are imported then assembled/magnetized here.

Jake(ddbump) did his own test on the Omegas. All though it was not very controlled the Omegas are the only subs he has left that still work and he has had MTs and HWs, which are two of the top ranked SPL subs. Thats why I would rate it up there.

ALex will be producing the V2s and SWN out of his own work area. So no more need for PAP.

Any idea if he was clipping the signal or if something wasnt set correctly. Mine get warm after about 30min of demoing but never stinking, cept when I had two Z2lvs on em. But thats a given as any sub gets stinky doing that daily.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 21
Its the internet so you can say this and say that but until i see a video with clamped power full lenght and using a cd like lil john for 30 min, then i can believe ya. but i have seen first hand that the subs do not like 3500 rms beating the crap out of them with steady 14-14.2v electrical. but i know how a few internet guys are, they get their subs and beat the crap out of them for 2 min turn it down then turn it up after they cool again and claim they take the power fine.

let me guess you are the same guys saying the aq hdc can take 5000 a piece too right.

i got my answer though. young kid who doesnt know crap about woofers put his name on someone elses work.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
The HWs are a Y 35 grade.

I am going to get a V 2 and do some of my own testing. :-)

I would love a sub that can take 4k+ and sound good doing it :-)

Something to rival the HW SQL and also rival the price tag. But nothing I have tested yet has kept up with the HW.

The only sub close is the SoundStream XXX

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 234
John, Im not sure where your getting your info from but I would like for you, just for a second, to listen to what I am saying.

In an appropriately built box with CLEAN electrical the subs can handle it, I dont know if you compete or not but I said I will show you first hand at any big 3x comp i make it to or World Finals. You dont have to take my word for it but at our last big show in Green Bay over 50 people watched the truck demo for 30 minute periods on lil wayne and gorilla zoe cds, then went up and bassraced like it was nothing. Again I know you wont beleive a word Im saying. I mean who am I to know what I am talking about. Id rather just leave it at that.

Also SLeepy Jr. AKA Martin from Chicago has a 4000.1 on each of his AQ18" aluminum coils. Ask Snow, hes seen it demo in person and with the right size eclosure and clean power they do just fine, hes been demoing them for almost a year, just blew his first sub cause it alt killed on him, so he had terrible voltage drop.

I was not aware REXXX, that the RDs were Y35, my question is when has ferrite grades ever mattered? I have a few of my old IDSPLs still laying around, they are made with a single 7" slug of cheap Y-20 but the car still did a 166.7 with 4 of them. Another example is DD using the N35-38 material for their Z motors, being some of the lowest grades of magnets and still hitting the highest numbers in the world, just kinda proves to me a magnet grade is some what irrelevant. The mechanical structure is whats important at least in my eyes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Man Terra will not come on here, he is not going to get asked questions he can not answer.

Matt if the subs are so good why are they not in your challange? I seen he got scared and pulled out but he still is selling the subwoofer but not entering it WTF?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3345
IDKY all this is an issue on here again. Terra has been on here and explained his side of the story. Both of the peeps that I know who has run the Omega's loved em.. Both setups were running over rated power.

I thought the V.2 was being tested in the challenge. I personally would be disappointed if they won't be.. If he won;'t have parts in time, at least throw a V.1 in the mix. If you sell em, them styand behind it and test it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
The grade of magnet is sorta irrelevant. But what I was getting to was motor design. A higher grade magnet means more power in a smaller area ;)

Which is why the HW has a smaller motor structure, but is stronger. Theres a lil more to it, but better magnets help

I want to see the sub in the 15" challenge.

The other thing I want to see is the Omega put into a newbies hands and put to the test and see if it can handle the abuse of voltage drops, clipping and ect....

The people who are running high power to these subs are experienced people.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Magnet grade has a lot to due with a speakers bl. It is a big part of the motor.

Y-20 or 25 can not create the same bl as y-35 unless the rest of the motor is flawed.

a bl of 35tm is much better in the spl world than a bl of 20tm. a high bl i not good for an sq setup but spl or very loud ground pounders you need it to control it. or you could attempt to put 10 spiders on the subwoofer but that is only a temp fix. On the subwoofers that are STIFF but have low bl they handle power for the first week or two until the spiders get loose then there is nothing control the subwoofer since the bl is not there for high power handling. If the subwoofer were to have a good bl then at break in it will still handle the same power and perform.

I know plenty of you know what i am talking about with subs that slam for the first week or two then go down hill low bl is part of it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
does cascade have an actual # to call? Or do we have to call his moms house? If he won't come on the forum i would like to call him to ask about his actual design on his wmd subs. As far as pap is concerned they are same with a new dc.

I promise i won't call to late i don't want to get him grounded. LOL / JK

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 330
I bet all these people hating on him are just mad that hes making good money this young when they work their @sses off at a 10 dollar an hour job lol.... Even if they are pap subs with a different dust cap as some say. You cant hate he found a way to make easy money on someone elses design........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
They arent someone elses design. Just someone elses parts.

If someone else can take pieces that I MAKE and create a better product, with all do power go Ahead and do it!

There are Alex's design and sub. But PAP realized the quality of the design of the motor and took over. Kind of a shitty deal for Alex, but the V.2 will be better

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1542
good stuff

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 236
Im not here to argue with ya guys, I respect everyone opinions and I am not one to speak for Alex, he owns and runs the company I have just done testing, T/S parameters, and some promotion.

I will see if Alex will still get one in on the test but I know hes bumming about not getting V2 parts in yet, so we will see.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1543
uh oh same problem as with the first omega? customs holding the parts he needs or the OEM sub he's buying them from isnt done yet?

Bronze Member
Username: Terra

Post Number: 59
David, are you really starting this again? And no it's not the same problem. I ordered a certain grade Neo and the wrong grade was produced. Having to have 100 new pieces of neo manufactured brought my entire order to a standstill. Everything else has been sitting ready to go, but it needs to all ship at once.

And "John", why don't you grow up a bit ok? I don't down talk your business on the internet so how about you avoid mine?

The current Omega is the first and ONLY subwoofer that will not be built by Cascade in house. Thanks and have a nice day.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 331
Dont sweat it man, this happened when rd first came out too when people were saying they were atomic subs with rd dustcaps.... i wouldn't even argue with these morons......

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 22
So I take it this Alex kid is Cascade?

My business isn't on the internet like yours, so you are fair game little man. Oh, and I will avoid your products for sure hahaha.

Since you are on here, tell me a few things about your woofers different from PAP. What is goin to be so different about the new "omega"?

How old are you? What have you done in the audio world?

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2791
gtfo.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 238
Hey John, how old are you? and what have you done in the car audio world? lol Cant wait to hear this one.

BTW I will be at Worlds finals as always, hope to see the Peirce brothers their ;), maybe see some WMD2s in the lanes or some MOABS. Man that will be the day.

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1707
john whats your deal about cascade?? most of the time when people dont like something, they speak there mind and then leave it alone. but NOOO, not you... whats YOUR deal with cascade? thats my question.

so alex has a business, so what, get over it. dont buy his sh!t. quit b!tchin about something that has nothing to deal with you.

X2 what Snow said...

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 239
His deal is he runs PAP

Hes an immature adult that likes kicking up drama, sounds like hes just been bored at work lately because after the fiasco with Alex no one will have PAP OEM for them. Makes sense that he would come on here and talk smack, shows the professionalism of PAP. Nice personal attacks on Alex's age btw... cause we all know age is important in car audio and business. Some of the most successful business owners today are in their 20s so saying that Alex is young doesn't really hurt him or his business it just puts you in the spotlight for being an idiot.

Silver Member
Username: Wickedbass

Nashville, Tn

Post Number: 612
Upload
Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 23
I just like how now days anyone can own a sub business and not know a dam thing about it. Anyone can design a logo and stick it on someone else sub.

I don't have to explain myself, I don't own a business in audio.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 240
Don't need to explain yourself? Weird you come on here to start issues, you have no supporting facts, you have no idea what you or your brother/s are doing and that is why its been a failing attempt as a company. Just interesting that you would come on here and start this and soon as tables are turned you have nothing to say.

Kind of like how as soon as I challenge your or your brothers on your site you guys instantly banned me, wont answer my e-mails or phone calls. Maybe Alex isnt the most experienced car audio guy in the world but he knows enough to run a business and that is what it takes. You on the other hand are a coward and a inexperienced hypocrite.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 24
Whos brothers, what are you talking about?

I asked a simple question and have yet got an answer. You come on here protecting him like he is your daddy or something.

Instead of making this a huge scene like it has, why not Alex answer me. What is your background in mobile electronics?

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1712
"Instead of making this a huge scene like it has, why not Alex answer me. What is your background in mobile electronics?"

"I asked a simple question and have yet got an answer"

BECAUSE, you never once asked your "simple question" of his background...UNTIL NOW. Next time, learn how to ask a question that gives you an answer that solves your problem. doouche

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 25
Look at my 2nd post you dumb f u c k.

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 241
You sir are an idiot

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 178
Lets keep this going.

I want facts!

Silver Member

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 242
Facts from John Quack? best of luck to ya on that, its like arguing with a two year old.

Bronze Member

Balling, Usa Usa

Post Number: 26
You are one of the dumbest people I know. Why would he want facts from me? We are both waiting for Alex to come back in here and spread the knowledge.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1544
i <3 u alex

you know my comment was fkin ballin

Gold Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1714
"Look at my 2nd post you dumb f u c k."

if you wanted an answer, then ask the right question the 1st time DOUCHE!!!

you started this thread to flame someone. Cry some more your dumbazz

Gold Member

Post Number: 3382
PAP is trash, Alex seems to have learned his lesson.

/thread

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
I am pretty sure terra seen this or heard of it and is avoiding it. So unless he mans up there is nothing more to be said.

This isnt the first time he avoided questions so let it be.

John QUACK you ask a question but it seems you already have your mind made up and know the answer so why ask the question?

Insulting people is not the way to do anything but get people mad at you or not even give a sh*t what you have to say.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3384
RAY RAY,

Alex HAS responded to this thread. He has been though the ringer about this before, If I'M TIRED of reading about it, I am sure he is tired of explaining it over and over ond ever and over..... you get the point. I don't know Alex, but he seems to be a straight up dude. I hope his products continue to improve just to pis_s everyone who keeps talkin' chit off.

John Quackhead----- STFUGTFO

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1546
ta ta taaa tooootttalllyyyyy duuuuuuude
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us