Component advice please!!! liked spx-17ref mid but not tween....

Bronze Member
Username: Aznegg

Post Number: 26
hey peeeps, I went out to audition a bunch of different speakers last week but am unfortunately not able to hear cdt, boston, rainbow etc.....

I heard Focal k2p i liked how loud they got, but they seemed a little too forward and kind of hurt my ears after listening for a bit.
<
i also heard the zapco's but they sounded awful at high volume

then i listened to the spx-17ref AND REALLY LIKED THE MIDBASS, great pounding and sounding midbass, but the tweeter sounded very... muddy? muffled? etc...
<br><br>
so keeping this stuff in mind what would you guys recommend on say a $300 budget? used is always an option.

i have 2x200w rms @ 4 ohms power available!

THANKS!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
cmon ppl help me out please! today is my b-day so my money from my b-day is going to be put into this!

ps. i used to have the xr650-csi components in my last car which i enjoyed the tweeter on but felt it lacked midbass....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5050
Rainbow really wouldn't be a bad choice here.

There is the option to mix and match with tweeters and mids if you have the chance (see ebay for this one). Funny that you liked Alpines so much ;)

Have you checked out Dynaudio?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
cant seem to find a dynaudio dealer anywhere... but i hear they are very very warm... which i think i am sort of leaning towards...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1425
you could try xr components they might sound better then the coax.

Also what car are they going in. are you running just two front speakers no rear and no sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us