No Memory, stereo won't remember my settings??? Please help.

Username: Padski

Post Number: 1
Hi i have a kenwood car stereo (KDC- W7031) in a P reg VW Polo. But it will not remember any of the settings i put in. Like radio stations, display settings and EQ settings. which is a bit of a pain. don't know if it's a case of me wiring it up wrong or whatever but could you advise me on where i might be going wrong or what i could do/need to fix?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5045
The headunit needs a constant 12v going to it at all times. It is done by the yellow power wire in the back of the unit. You need to find a 12v wire in the car that always has power going to it and hook it up to the yellow one. If you can't find one, just tap into a fuse in the fuse box.

Right now, the wire you have hooked up to the yellow power wire of the headunit cuts power whenever you turn the car off. Hope that helps ;)

Username: Robvan69

Alberta Canada

Post Number: 10
i would run a constant 12v from the battery with an inline fuse and hook it up to the yellow on your deck then you should be good, most fuses in the fuse box are on circuits that turn on with the key in so a direct connection from the battery is just what you need in this situation, dont forget about being careful where you run the wire ( stay away from door jambs and hood hinges) and dont forget the inline fuse.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4844
you have no constant 12v wire apparently from when you wired everything up. you can wire it straight to the battery or to your fuse box depending on how jimmy rigged youd like it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us