OT: How does weather effect sound...

Bronze Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 55
Some days my system sounds louder than others and seems to get louder and sound better. Idk if this really has anything to do with it but maybe?
Can anyone shed some light because I'm extremely curious.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6572
air pressure and temperature will affect the way it sounds.. but i doubt so drastically

when the medium soundwaves travel through change so does the signal itself

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11463
As was said temperature can affect things. Maybe its the music you choose from day to day or you may be using your alt when its cooler which when it gets warmer the output can be less than rated.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10426
in theory cooler weather would mean higher alternator output, more efficient amplifiers, and heat dissapates from the speaker coils faster handling more power. But you shouldnt actually notice a big difference.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10427
Also opening windows can have a hige effect on sound, which you do in certain weather

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1782
like ms said colder helps cooling but temp changes sound waves. cold slows thigns down and warm speeds up the waves.
it can also make the wave bow. if ur roof is hot and the floor is cold the waves will bend up. and yes it is enough to hear the difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Dangeranger

Ohio United States

Post Number: 58
Thanks for all the answers, I have a standard cab truck and when i open the back sliding window i can tell a difference. Also when i open that i hear the port noise, and when it's closed I do not.
But that makes sense because I get up rather early for class before it gets real warm, and when I'm coming home from class lately it's been about a 25 degree difference.
Ohio weather.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2618
I've always noticed a difference in the lows from when it's warm to when it's cold. The warm weather really makes them come out compared to a cold frigid winter day.

Bronze Member
Username: Jgood

Post Number: 18
when it rain, it make my trunk sound like thunder

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20494

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 269
My system also sounds better in the warmer weather.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us