Box build

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 171
Hey guys I tried searching but came up empty so here it is, I just need one of those good websites where I can get like a blue print plan for box build where I enter in like how much cu ft and etc. I don't know if I'm explaining it right but I know some one gets what I'm saying.

I'm gonna try and tackle my first box build! Thanks for any help

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11432
http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

Looking for something like that?

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 173
Yeah its that same concept but it's to where I can enter the specs I need like cu ft and what I want the box tunned at and it gives me a blue print. Now I dont know if thats how it works exactly so that's why I'm asking never built a box so I'm trying to learn.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11433
Do you have your max dimensions already? What is your preferred tuning frequency? What is the sub's displacement? What's your preferred box size?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15006
whatever happened to subwoofertools site - did that die off or something ?

that RE link is pretty good ...

Silver Member
Username: Armykyle1

Ms Us

Post Number: 557
I've checked it a few times too and no luck

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 174
Hey my bad yanks I didn't pay close enough attention to that site that's basically what I need I don't know I'm still a little confused here how do I know what the cu ft will be? I dont know if I'm making sense here but I'm trying to find the right words to use.

I don't have set dimensions at this point I just want to kinda start messing around with some stuff so I can start looking at it and figure out exactly what I want to do. I'm not sue if its gonna be a sealed or ported box quite yet either.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 289
^^^^^ google search RE enclosure Calculator.

i think its the same thing that was linked to you at first.

and at first i didnt think i coud enter specs either, but you can only click the red number. then you have to tinker around with it and the port etc until you get the feeling for it.

Platinum Member

Northern VA

Post Number: 11434
Yea bud, I think the RE Box Calculator I linked you to in my first post is all you need. Just mess with the red numbers and figure out what will work best for you.

SubwooferTools was taken down a couple months ago I believe. I thought I read about it being taken down.

If it's ported then use the RE calculator I gave you.

If it's sealed then its a simple little formula. Just use this link and go to "Volume Calculator" to figure out the volume:
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4819
theres some good ones in here.

http://diyaudiocorner.tripod.com/software.htm

Also, dont forget, you will need to get a building permit from your town hall to make it. They are only like $10.

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 293
^^^ you need a building permit to do this kind of stuff?!??

Silver Member

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 188
Thanks Yank's that was exactly what I was looking for both are good to have but I'm probably gonna do a sealed enclosure because it's going in my wife's car and well she doesn't need so much SPL as she does SQ

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7468

quote:

Also, dont forget, you will need to get a building permit from your town hall to make it. They are only like $10.

lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6602
rovin, subwoofertools was working 2 weeks ago.. except you had to follow a different link

it was updated where you could input subwoofer specs..said the site was under construction

now its completely down and gone.. maybe they will buy a new domain? was a nice site.. i should have copied the html used for the boxbuilder page :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us