WTF is up w/ some shops???

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7456
We just took in a 'custom' build box for 2 CVR 10's that was built by another local shop. Its a downfire box for ranger w/ 2 chambers, ports firing left and right.
I measured it for the hell of it and it is 1cuft per chamber w/ 2.5" x 2.5" port tuned to 32hz.

Whistles like no other on ~300w :-(
I mean really, how can the other shops call this the right box???

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 161
They (the stores) just don't care, half the people that go through them do it because they don't know any better themselves. So stores know they can probably get away with it. Did you call them out on it?

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1637
theres a local shop in town that does a lot of work and they have been known to screw people over like that. when i wanted a box done for my pioneers, i was weary about doin it myself, because i dont have much wood working skills. i was quoted just around 350 for 4cubes @35Hz.. a simple slot port box. i said F that and got a design by BJfisher.

a friend of mine paid the $400 bucks that HE was quoted for a smaller box and it sounds like azz... horrible port noise and oh yea it leaks in a FEW places. he took it back and they said "you must have done something to it" they didnt seal any of it. no wood glue, no silicon, nothing. just wood n screws. complete azzholes over there. over priced and over hyped.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2879
We have a bunch of those here in Socal. That's why I would never let a shop touch any of my cars.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1639
im scared to let any shop touch my new avalanche, but i doubt ill be able to wire it all up myself cuz of the damn bose, onstar, and steering wheel controls...

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1067
abarca have fun with wiring that chevy up. the shops around me aren't to bad the shop i usually go to for metering was only going to charge me 200 for a box design an build for my L7's

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1755
ben must have a good shope
the best place to get a box in my area charges around 300 to 400 but he does nice work. rounded corners and horn ports that he fiberglasses his self. and everything i have seen him make meters very high

the other places suck. omg they suck. don't even get me started
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us