Sony xplod probs, peramp, post??

Username: Joyof60

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2
have installed a Sony CDX-GT330 with Xplod speakers X 4 and added a Kenwood 600 watt amp driving a Bazooka tube. My question is this, as I have reviewed the threads posted and I see a lot of confusion about gain controls, I dont seem to have a gain control, but I do have seperate bass treble and mid range controls as well as a sub control and an AUX control.How should I adjust these to achieve optimal performance?
Should I adjust the bass or the sub for sub performance? And is the Aux control just a gain for the Aux device? Any ideas about if any of these should function as pre amps and if the power should be boosted pre or post? I have the crossover on the sub set at 80 Hz, should I set a limit on the head unit as well? I'm sorry but confusion abounds! Any advice would be most appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1624
There should be a gain control knob on the amp. Are you trying to set the gain with the head unit?

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 283
gain- input sensitivity- power- etc.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10397
you must shop at the flea market. or walmart.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew35

Post Number: 36
hey now. i like walmart. they have poptarts.

Username: Joyof60

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3
thanks Mark, I'm just trying to do things right (with what I have) my iPod has a volume, there is an Aux level adjustment that kinda functions like a gain or volume, then a regular volume. Too many choices for an old man who just wants to listen to old classic rock with a little bottom without damage to my speakers. There also is a sub level as well as a 'low' level. Unsure how to use those synergisticly.

And walmart also has a fair selection of imported beer!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us