I need help choosing my next subwoofer!

Username: Bachman101

Post Number: 1
Okay, so recently i had to sell my 2 12" alpine type R's which were run by a alpine pdx 1.1000 because the pdx fried because of falty components so i was told and i have no warranty. Anyway Im looking to upgrade and this time i want very good SQL but i definitly want them to be as loud if not louder than the type r's that i had. I was looking into 1 JLW7 10 because i've heard them and i like them but i dont think it'll be as loud as my type R's. I dont want to spend any more than $800 for sub/box/amp. Also i'm going to upgrade my speakers in my 1993 honda prelude which takes 6.5"s. All i want out of them is to be louder or compliment whichever sub i decide to go with. Anyway please help me out on this one because i keep changing my mind and contradicting myself everyday and i need some stability! Thankss!!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6677
anything rd will be great.

Post Number: 2
Im really interested in the Elite Series, but is there any other place to buy from but them? i would like to get two 10's if from them but 400 a woofer is a little out of my price range. or do you think 1 ten would do some good SPL damage because obviously the SQL will be there

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5026

^ Yep. And the JLw7 would be a great choice. I also don't think a single 10" w7 is going to out-do your two 12" R's, but it's still going to put up a pretty good fight. What kind of amp were you planning on running with the w7?

What's your budget on the 6.5's?

Post Number: 3
Well, the guy at my high-end audio shop around here said that it could handle 1000 rms. and being a 3 ohm subwoofer i was probably going to get another pdx 1.1000 because the slash (though would be my favorite option) is tooo much dam money lol. the 6.5"s i wasnt planning on spending more than 200 for a component set for the front. and then buy just the coaxles (sp) for my back seats

Bronze Member
Username: Mysticstyl3z

Naperville, Illinois USA

Post Number: 21
how much space do you have?

i have a 15" RD Sonance v2 for sale. sounds like what you are looking for...

Post Number: 4
im not sure, it'll be going in the trunk of my 1993 honda prelude coupe. But i honestly want very good SQ i want virtually no group delay whatsoever. Because i listen to basically everything including some techno i want it to hit hard and keep up with ease.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3264
2 RD sonances v.2
rd1750.
custom box

would wang.

if you are limited to 1000-1200 wrms due to electrical then try 2 sd2.5's on a aq1200 or
1- sonance spl
or 1-AQ hdc on your 1000-1200 wrms amp of choice.

There are a bunch of other options out there.
AP
RE
ID
DD
Mach5
SS
DC,ect,.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3265
The sonance will sound great and keep up with whatever you listen too(enclosure and install depending, of course)

Post Number: 5
If i go AQ this is what i'd wanna get, HDC310-A for 310. which would be nice. Would the 12 be as good for SQ as the 10?

Bronze Member

Naperville, Illinois USA

Post Number: 23
i wouldn't get an hdc if you only have 1000 rms to give it.

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 156
I have 2 15" RD Sonances and they are GREAT SQL subs I think 1 of them would get as loud if not louder than type R's of course depending on your setup.

And Mystic is selling one anyway so you could get a hell of a deal on it. Just do your research and dont rush into anything

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6678

"^ Yep."

was being smart when i made that remark. i just figured i'd post for him to buy rd before everyone else does.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 551
d6 diamonds

Post Number: 6
My biggest pet peve with this next system is going to be group delay, if you can promise me none with the right eclosure and all then i will seriously look into it

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14989
to go with a 1000wrms amp id suggest a TREO 15" SSI ported to 33hz ...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1632
^^^where can you buy treo subs at?

Post Number: 8
Okay im torn between d6 diamonds or RD sonance, and AQ they all seem pretty decent but which brand, size subwoofer, and enclosure should i go with in order to obtain that stellar SQ as well as making me go deff in the process? btw thank you for all the advice!

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2568
Spencer,

You can actually purchase from us direct if no dealer in your area at a discounted price.

Our Sonance is a very nice Sq sub that gets loud. We have a few SQ competitors using them. We have an in-house box builder that can build a box for you to offer a flat response and achieve the best performance possible.

Feel free to email me.

Kevin
se_rdaudio@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Naperville, Illinois USA

Post Number: 24
if you are considering a sonance. i have the 15" v2 and i have a 3.3 cubes @ 34 hz box for it if you are interested.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 554
depends 2 12 d6 would sound great on a 1000 rms or 1 15 d6 would sound great on 1000 rms as well depends on what u want id tune around the 35 hertz area

Post Number: 9
Well i've always been told that you lose some tightness if you go with a ported box thats why im thinking of going sealed.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2571
Depends on the sub and box. I personally listen to hardcore rock 80% of the time and ported keeps up with double bass just fine. Just needs to be done right, not a prefab box. they give ported enclosures a bad rep.

Kevin

Post Number: 10
Okay, well ive taken a look into my trunk and i dont think i have the room for a 15". i have about 3 feet of width and 4 feet if height to work with. it could be as long as 5 feet. I'd rather go with a very good 10" that could handle and work well with a 500 rms to 1000 rms amp. Im going to get an amp based on the sub i choose.

Username: Dethscythe219

Post Number: 4
This post is prolly really old, but I thought I'd give my 2 cents anyways. Pyle is an extremely cheap and efficient brand. Everything I've heard of them from personal experience tells me they beat like none other. For the price you pay for them you really can't do better. So I'd say get a nice set of Pyle 12's or just 1 15, they beat hard. It all depends on what you listen to, and no, I didn't read the entire post so if you mentioned your tastes, my bad. I listen to metal and some rap, and I have a complete JL set up and 2 pyles, they go well together and the pyles really added a nice punch with the bass. Hope that was helpful.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
No i definitly want to here as much as possible and i'll definitly give pyle my 100% attention and do my research. I want something that will keep up with high SPL as well as flawless soundquality so it can keep up with my techno and get low when im bumpin to lil shawty by gorilla zoe =] so thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
No i definitly want to here as much as possible and i'll definitly give pyle my 100% attention and do my research. I want something that will keep up with high SPL as well as flawless soundquality so it can keep up with my techno and get low when im bumpin to lil shawty by gorilla zoe =] so thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Cozce

St. Louis ILLside, Pronounced: ... U.S.A.

Post Number: 733
Spencer, do NOT get Pyle.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I wasnt planning on it, I took one look at their subwoofers and it doesnt even have an rms rating... fail, i keep gearing my mind towards a 10w7 or 12w7.. i dont have the room for a 15" sonance!

Post Number: 5
Go with the JL w7 then. My opinion it's the best out there...and idk where you're looking at that doesn't have an rms, everything Pyle I've ever looked at has an rms rating.

And to Cozce -- what's wrong w/ pyle?

Post Number: 6
I just did some reviewing on pyle's products, and it seems to get mixed reviews -- either people love it, or they get defective merchandise and it "falls apart." I've never experienced any bad from them, and if you get something defective why wouldn't you return it with the warranty?

"I beat 3 10" w7's with my single Pyle 12" now that is obviously ridiculous. There's no way.

Also to your rms issue, apparently some sites that sell pyle don't list the rms, idk why. The ones I've looked at do, but a lot of the "cheaper" sites out there don't.

I would consider pyle on par w/ audiobahn from the reviews... I've never had audiobahn for myself, and don't really plan on buying (they seem sketchy to me). So I guess it's up to your own opinion on if you think they'll last or not. I've had mine for a couple years now with no problem. My wife has a pyle component setup she's had since last christmas and she listens to rather abusing music, and they're still fine. I guess it's a matter of who you choose to believe.

But if you absolutely have to have the best -- like me -- go with JL. That's what I went with and I couldn't be happier. My setup with a single 10 is more powerful than a lot of people's with 2 12's. Be warned, however. They are expensive.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10423
pyle of sh!t is what they are and everyone knows it..... let the flaming begin this ought to be good

You just showed how much you fail at car audio running JL and pyle TOGETHER, different subs

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15011
is this guy kidding with recommending the PYLE stuff !? .....

Gold Member

Post Number: 3299

quote:

. Pyle is an extremely cheap and efficient brand. Everything I've heard of them from personal experience tells me they beat like none other. For the price you pay for them you really can't do better. So I'd say get a nice set of Pyle 12's or just 1 15, they beat hard. It all depends on what you listen to, and no, I didn't read the entire post so if you mentioned your tastes, my bad. I listen to metal and some rap, I have a complete JL set up and 2 pyles, they go well together and the pyles really added a nice punch with the bass. Hope that was helpful

Go with the JL w7 then. My opinion it's the best out there...and idk where you're looking at that doesn't have an rms, everything Pyle I've ever looked at has an rms rating.

And to Cozce -- what's wrong w/ pyle?

I just did some reviewing on pyle's products, and it seems to get mixed reviews -- either people love it, or they get defective merchandise and it "falls apart." I've never experienced any bad from them, and if you get something defective why wouldn't you return it with the warranty?

"I beat 3 10" w7's with my single Pyle 12" now that is obviously ridiculous. There's no way.

Also to your rms issue, apparently some sites that sell pyle don't list the rms, idk why. The ones I've looked at do, but a lot of the "cheaper" sites out there don't.

I would consider pyle on par w/ audiobahn from the reviews... I've never had audiobahn for myself, and don't really plan on buying (they seem sketchy to me). So I guess it's up to your own opinion on if you think they'll last or not. I've had mine for a couple years now with no problem. My wife has a pyle component setup she's had since last christmas and she listens to rather abusing music, and they're still fine. I guess it's a matter of who you choose to believe.

But if you absolutely have to have the best -- like me -- go with JL. That's what I went with and I couldn't be happier. My setup with a single 10 is more powerful than a lot of people's with 2 12's. Be warned, however. They are expensive

ROFLMFAO

Dude, There is more fail in your posts than I normally see on here in a month.. I am not gonna bust your ball_s too hard nor am I gonna point out everything that you were absolutely , possitivly wrong with in your statements. On a good note, I will say that it takes a set of nuts to go to a forum and lay down some blanket statments about how good Pyle is... But that doesn't take away the fact that you are dead wrong.... You couldn't be wronger(scratch that- you actually were by saying that JL is the best there is).Pyle isw in the same group as Pyrmid, Volfenhaugen, Boss, Sherwood, Alpine, Sony,. Jensen, ect. Any Audio product that offeres 4000 watt subs for $50 B NIB is obviously trash . As for JL, well they are a solid company and they do have a decent product selection, but they are not the best out there, and are extremely overpriced.
Where are you from?
You really need to find someone locally and get a listen to some of the products that we recommend on here...
ohhh and it is not wise to mix subs. There are other much more effective ways to get good clean bass, w/o cancellation issues.;

Anyways, welcome to ecoustics, but I would do some reading, youtubing, studying, ect.
And in case y'all didn't notice, I was joking about Alpine being on that lil list.m

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1650
"Pyle isw in the same group as Pyrmid, Volfenhaugen, Boss, Sherwood, Alpine, Sony,. Jensen, ect."

why is Alpine mentioned in that list??? ill give you the benifit of the doubt and say that you had a mistake mr. brockman...

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2728
yeah I was gonna say, why'd you put alpine in that list? haha.

but true Pyle does suck the big one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3302
apparently, yall didn't read my entire post. lol Read the last line of that post ans that was NOT an edit... lol Was seeing if yall were paying attention.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3303
and was kinda messin' with M.S. aka Mr. Alpine

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2730
no I did read the entire post. That's why I put "I was gonna say"

ya dig?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4817
Dont forget the JL W6 in a sealed box. It will work with most amps that are giving power at 2 ohms. Anywhere from say 500-750ish

Also, The FI Q is a decent spl sub as well.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
I don't remember where someone's opinion is absolute law. I said IMO JL is the best, because that's what I've had experience with. And as for your "get someone locally" I live in Muncie, IN. There is no one locally. My sound shop recommended JL as being the absolute best they had.

Also, I said I like what I've tasted of pyle, DID NOT say they were amazing by far. I know it's a filler brand, since it's so cheap. I'm not an idiot. I just said if you want something that hits hard, COULD last, and is cheap, go with Pyle. They can last a while, as mine have.

But by all means, if you want something top end, get Fi or JL, I'm replacing my JL sub with 2 Fi Qs soon, and I'm getting rid of the Pyles.

Also, if you read MY statement, I said I put Pyle on par with Audiobahn, i.e., the CHEAPER BRANDS.

So no, I was wrong on ONE Thing saying that JL is "The best" and that was an OPINION, so it wasn't wrong, it's my opinion and advice based on what I know. For someone who likes to "trick" people then remark about reading the whole thing, maybe you should read things more THOROUGHLY next time you start to crack on someone.

And thanks for the welcome. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
As for everyone else, yes I "Fail" in musical knowledge, sorry I don't sit around and review and test Sh!t all day, I have a life outside of this stuff. This is simply a MINOR hobby for me.

I recommended pyle because they're cheap and my experience with them has been decent.

If you don't have anything constructive to say and just want to "flame" then f.uck off. I really don't care about what you have to say, I was simply giving my 2 cents, take it or leave it. I'm obviously not as experienced as you 30 yr olds with your 30,000 dollar systems living in your mom's basements. My bad.

Don't waste your time responding to this, because I'm not going to check it and you're wasting your precious time because I really do NOT care.

:-) Have a great day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
I was just speaking my mind when I told him not to get Pyle, isn't that just my opinion?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3307
i was being sincere by welcoming you to E, and the only reason I said that you need to find someone locally, to hear the equipment that we are talking about, ect.. was for your own benefit.. That is if you gave a sh!t, and would actually enjoy expanding your horizons. The more equipment you get to experience in person, the more knowledge you gain... Again you would have to give a sh!t. If you are content with Pyle being a decent brand in your eyes and really don't want to hear and learn about different equipment, then there is really no loss in you getting pis_sed off and leaving. Most of us were not experienced when we got into car audio and were interested enough to study and learn to whatever level we desired.. Now all that being said, if you wern't just blowing off steam, and could actually be interested in hearing different setups, there are means to do so. All you have to do is ask.. I would be happy to link you to competitions in your area. As for your local shops recommendations, well they will usually say that the equipment that they sell is "the best". For obvious reasons. People like me and plenty of others on this forum actually enjoy helping people learn about this stuff and troubleshooting equipment... We do it free of charge, and devote a lot of time to doing it. If that a negative in your eyes then i can deal with that. If I came across as a pr!ck then I will tell you that i am sorry. But trust me when I say that I was being way nicer than I could have been. You were telling another person to look into one of the worst products available.. I have NO regrets in letting him know that your info or opinion was not up to par with 99.9% of people who actually care about car audio. But again I have a lot more invested in this forum and I actually give a chit about helping peeps get good advice. We constantly get an influx of people who come in, give uneducated advice, then leave while the peeps who took their advice come back to complain and we are stuck fixing the problem. And they are stuck with sh!tty equipment. I have no problem trying to avoid that situation, and will do it as often as need be. It does get old and the tone in which I do it, depends on the mood I am in. I just typed a book on here to tell you in detail as to why I said what I said. I am not going to change any regulars (on here) opinions of me by doing so, but I hope YOU understand why I said what I said(and you will read this- whether you respond or not), I am sure of it.. Anyways I hope you do, and I hope to see you on here in the future asking questions, and giving your opinions. We all get the "i was just giving my opinion" thing, and usually respect the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But The opinion that you were giving was WAYYYYY out of the realm of reality. Some thought you had to be joking. But I could tell you were being sincere. Just like I hope you realize that I am being sincere. Later

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20490
^^^Holy crap that is a lot of time involved in a response.

Bravo!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
i kno dammit and all i want is my next woofer setup, i need a sub with flawless sq (enclosure will be custom) and can get louder than 2 type r's on 1000wrms. i want to spend 400 MAX on the subwoofer or subwoofers. i appreciate the help people are trying to give i just want something well made pyle seems to just touch base on alot of products whereas i want a sub from a company that knows subs inside and out. I know everyone on here seems to be sucking some RD c0ck but i dont see how a 15" woofer will be as punchy as a 10". JL10w7, i only want suggestions that will out perform a 10w7 prowedge in spl and sq, i know i can get a 18" btl and go deaf in 2 years and i know i could go with a couple boston g5's but i want a gnarly setup. RD isnt out of the equation i just want some proof they really are better than JL =]

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6692
honestly, what's wrong with a pair of boston g5s'? grab a pair of those with the matching prs'. would make for a very nice setup.

and that's funny as shi_t about what you said about rd and this place!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6571
umm... SI Mag 12"?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
haha i wasnt hating on RD either i just havent experienced them, well would two 10g5's outpound two type r's? or should i got with this http://www.crutchfield.com/p_065SPG555S/Boston-Acoustics-SPG555SS.html?search=Bo ston+Acoustics+VENDORID065&searchdisplay=Boston+Acoustics&tp=112

Bronze Member

Okay, I'm gonna try this once again. I NEVER SAID PYLE WAS ANYTHING SHORT OF CHEAP! I realize what you were saying but the reason I got so p'd off is cuz you obviously didn't understand what I was saying. I was simply saying it's a CHEAP BRAND that I PERSONALLY have had no problems out of. And I do give a sh.t about what I listen to, which is why I DO shop around. All I said is that there are no shops here locally that allow me to do so. I'm not some uneducated snob, I have intelligence, you don't have to talk down to me like I'm a 2 year old. When you actually read my post and understand what I'm saying, then you can crack back at me like I'm an idiot. And no, you're "opinion" that pyle is sh.t is just that, your opinion, and a damn fine one at that. I am not against that at all. If I were the guy posting this (and I have a similar thread) I'd get either the JL w7 or Fi Qs. I'm going with Fi Qs.

I'm getting tired having to explain myself constantly because no one takes the time to actually READ AND UNDERSTAND what I'm saying. It's really not that complicated. And yes, I know I said I wouldn't reply, and I wasn't going to, but since you came off nicer this time and tried to explain yourself, to whatever degree, even though you still didn't understand what I was saying, I thought you deserved a response.

In no way did I recommend pyle as being reputable, amazing, or better than JL or Fi or Alpine or anything. I told him EXACTLY what it is, a cheap brand that MIGHT last a while. There was no misinformation in that. And I wasn't speaking from "poor research" I was speaking from personal experience. Obviously everyone's experience on everything is different, that's what we call perception.

And what I was saying I don't give a sh.t about is people's lame responses to something I've said when they don't even understand what I'm saying.

And I'm tired of all the freakin geeks saying "FAIL" and all that other bs.. yeah, woo, you're smarter than me on this sh.t. Wow. Don't care. I'm better than you at a lot of things too, I'm sure. Is your IQ over 146? Mine is. Do you bench over 280lbs? I do. Do I brag about this stuff? No, it doesn't matter. So why bother putting someone down with things like "Fail" and "omgownplox ur an id!ot hahah" and retarded sh.t like that when you can simply be HELPFUL like Mark was trying to be? Seriously, get a life.

To the poster : Fi Q 12", or JL w7. I got my JL cuz they guy told me it was better than Alpine Type R, and I always thought of Alpine as a reputable brand.

To Mark: Thanks for keeping it civil.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
And for the JL remark, I said my dealer recommended it as the best THEY had. Not the best there is. It was my opinion that they were one of the best, but I have a very limited musical knowledge.

And I'm sorry if I come off as a dick, it just peeves me when people flame without fully reading/understanding something. I understand you getting all riled up over the pyle stuff, my fault. But I did say it was CHEAP, even cap'd that a few times to get the point across, obviously that didn't stick.

And if you're looking for something with nice, tight bass in a sealed box, my current system is a JL w3 10" sub in sealed box, and it beats just fine. As I said before, it beats harder than most systems I've heard around where I live that have 2 12"s in them. And it sounds great with metal/hard rock, which is what I mainly use it for. It's not that expensive and it's good quality. But if I had to do it over again, I'd get the Fi Qs, just because of everything everyone around here has said about them, and they have twice the power. (Mine's running at 500w rms)

And lastly, in case you didn't catch it "cozce" I was not even talking about you when I got p'd off, you simply stated your opinion and did it in a civil manner.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10430
" but i dont see how a 15" woofer will be as punchy as a 10". "

Cone size means jack in determining how a speaker is going to sound.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3839
Mark put some damn spaces between your paragraphs geeez... so hard to read that way.

how about some cliff notes lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 736
How about...Pyle is a waste of money. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3312
lmao, just noticed that I didn't use paragraphs. Hope it ruined your day lmao..... j/k.. I started typing up a response.. , especially after re-reading his statements, but said f'k it. If you can't beat em', Join em. I am selling the RD system and am going to :"get a nice set of Pyle 12's or just 1 15, they beat hard." lol

Ummm Josh, That was a joke, so don't fu<king freak out. lol

My Alphas are definately Punchy..............

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I wasn't gonna freak out... but k. :-)

For a sec there I wondered how you knew my name but I then I remembered it goes by name on here and not username. Jinkys.

Seriously though.. I know a guy with a crown vic, had just 1 pyle 15 in it... beat like crazy. Dk how long it lasted tho.

Nehoo off the pyles... how was your day? Peachy.

And yes, pyle is a waste of money.. unless you're selling your pyle-endorsed car to someone who knows nothing about audio systems, then it's a wise investment. You're not losing a good system, and the guy pays extra cuz he thinks it's cool.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I just watched a youtube video of 3 15" rd's and 5 seconds into the video i heard car alarms go off. I want 1 15" sonance in a custom ported box, how much would someone charge me for that exactly, i have a 1993 honda prelude so the box cant be wider that 3 feet, or taller than 5 feet. Someone give me an estimate!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6695
basing purchases off youtube videos!!

Gold Member

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2748
doesnt everyone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3313
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynSXTkHCsU&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjc-fxAVcMU&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj6WniW4Fk&feature=channel

Yeah, RD sux . lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Ive made up my mind, im going with 1 FI Q 15". If it will fit... best amp to get?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6701
budget? personally i'd get a sundown saz1000d, maybe a sae1200d (if the subs dual 2ohm).

but there's lot's of other amps, depending on the vc of the sub and your budget.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
well i would want to spend around 350 if necessary for the amp, i wanted to get a dual 1 vc so i could run the wiring in series so i could get a 2 ohm load which would cause less strain on whatever amp i get and my electrical system. Also im getting the extra power option (bp i think its called on the website) so what exactly will that do?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
"And yes, pyle is a waste of money.. unless you're selling your pyle-endorsed car to someone who knows nothing about audio systems, then it's a wise investment. You're not losing a good system, and the guy pays extra cuz he thinks it's cool." - josh clark

and you wanted me to upgrade from 2 alpine type r's to pyle? haha, naw i appreciate your input though..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6702
look around for a kicker zx1000.1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
why the kicker? jw

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
no, i said pyle cuz they're cheap and if you read my earlier posts about this entire subject, they CAN last a while and for me, mine are good. but im not getting into this anymore since no one wants to actually read what i say.

but i SUGGESTED you go with Fi Q 12's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 740
The word "Pyle" shouldn't be permitted to be used.

Bronze Member

dammit josh i wasnt trying to argue with you, but YOU didnt use your amazing pursuasize skills to sway me to the fi q, ive known about fi for about 2 years i would like to sit in steve meade's escalade, i think hes a dbag but id like 8 fi btl's.

i said thanks for your input im just choosing to go a different route. I understand all your posts im just saying. I read an earlier thread of yours, and it looks like we wanted the same thing.

Anyway i think im going with 1 12" fi q, because i doubt a 15 will fit in my trunk, and im going to go with an alpine mrp-m1000 to power it.

If i ever get an SUV i'll go with a couple 18" Sonances though =]. I like this forum though so im going to be posting more and no one ever gave me a proper welcoming =[

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6703
"why the kicker? jw"

cause kicker makes great amps. well built, underrated amps. and that zx1000.1 will match up nicely with a dual 1ohm q.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Well if you would say the kicker would be better than the alpine i'll go with it, i havent had a chance to test alot of equipment as i am still 17 and just got really into car audio about 6 months ago. Ive only had the one setup with my type r's and the pdx 1.1000. Sucks the pdx fried though =[

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 6704
yeah, the pdx is a great amp.

before you buy the sub, why not call alpine and ask how much it'll cost to repair? could save you money, and it's worth it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I'll look into it, should i try alpine or go to my local audioshop and have them "check it out" for $35. I asked them about it and showed it to them because i bought it off of somebody on craigslist for 350 and they said they had repaired it before because it had two holes on the amp itself. they said the inside of the amp was "not pretty" so thats why i was thinking of going a different route but i'll check into it, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us