HU issues... awesome

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10393
Well it looks like the display may be going out on my JVC AR880. Its not that old but the displays on these units have always had issues, that was my one complaint with it.

Anyone ever succeded at getting a new faceplate for a HU? I'm pretty sure that would fix it but thats going to be a b!tch to get. Since the purpose of it is anti theft measure.

Then if i HAVE to get a new HU which i dont want to, it would need to be another JVC since my sirius adapter is for JVC and im not spending even more for a new one. Front USB is my requirement. The new R900 looks nice but I don't want to spend that money. Ugh.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2686
Always talking about how great it was too....

I'm just messin M.S. That sucks to hear. I'd say just buy a new faceplate. Maybe there are some on ebay?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6489
get an ALPINE

check ebay probably face plates on there that people stole and didnt know how to take the hole thing

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1607
M.S. hates alpine

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2692
sike.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3822
haha guess that JVC isn't all it's cracked up to be. jk

My old Pioneer 3800's faceplate stopped working before. I called Pioneer and then sent it in and they returned it with a new faceplate. So maybe you could try to call JVC and see what they can do for you.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10395
Well I cleaned the contacts and it seems to be working right again.. so its all good for now i guess.

Not suprising I guess, my trucks interior gets dirty as hell where i drive and ive never thought to clean IN the radio.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us