Sound Dampener to SPL Gains Testing

Username: Sundownz

Mooresville, NC USA

Post Number: 8
I took my ongoing sound dampener log from various other forums and put it all in one place for easy reference to all :

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/7057.html

All of the testing was done "legal" dB Drag style @ the windshield. All the other details should be in the consolidated log unless I forgot something!

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1601
thats incredible man, really great work!!!

i havent seen tests and results like that in a long time. glad to see someone putting in the time and effort! Again, awesome work!!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11413
That's awesome Jake. Makes me glad I went with Second Skin for my system.

Thanks for posting that here bud.

Mooresville, NC USA

Post Number: 9
No problem - hope it is useful for everyone!

I am also working on a log with box "tweaks" like 45 degree corners and whatnot to see how much they benefit. Keeping live logs on the same forums again and will consolidate it all when done!

Silver Member
Username: Mpinto19k

Dallas/Fort Hood, Tx

Post Number: 152
Wow that's good sh!t man I'm also glad I went with Damp Pro. I'm still not done with my install of it all yet! But that's impressive thanks for posting up the good info!

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 11438
Nice review and worth while results.

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11419
I can't believe a worth while thread finally get posted here and no one has anything to say? Lol.

Bump for a good thread on E.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2565
so whats the best budget deadner? seems like a reasonable investment, i'm sure i'm gonna need it in my 83 cutlass but then i think i've also heard stories of people loosing db's with deadner but it could all just vary by vehicle who knows.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6549
seems like most the gain is from the roof.. my question is.. is this from helping stop the flex or just thickening the thin panel called the roof :-)

if its just helping reduce flex would welding braces not do the job and cost less? maybe something i might test with since the wagon project has started.. could do braces and test.. then add deadener :-)

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6550
btw, jacob.. whats the 4ohm rating on the 3500D

thinking i may sell the ss 6500d and run that when they are produced.. i know andrew is switching to those from his 6 3000ds

..and no im not running it at 4 ohm.. would be 0.5ohm.. just need a class rating :-)

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1746
if u have a part of ur car that resenates of your hit note in some areas of ur car it will get a little louder. but usually that doesn't happen. and even if it does in that case it shakes ur car A LOT more. not good for a dd

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6551
i don't really think walls are good for DDs either now are they? :-)

Mooresville, NC USA

Post Number: 10
¤Jack_k飣iñgoñ¤,

750 @ 4 ohms rated.

---

Raycist,

I don't suggest trying to go budget on dampener. A small amount of coverage of a good product like Second Skin Pro is more effective than a complete coverage of a poor quality product.

Besides , you only want to deaden once - changing it later isn't really practical!

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20459
Nice work! Glad you took the time to share your findings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us