Which Way?? MRD-M500 w/ 2 DVC SWR-1041D's (4ohm + 4ohm)

Jeff
I have got some questions here about the best way to wire my 2 SWR-1041D's to my MRD-M500 amp. Since they are DVC (4ohm + 4ohm) I can setup the 2 subs in parallel/parallel to my amp to make a 1ohm load, but can my amp handle a 1ohm load? And what would the RMS be at 1ohm for my amp? I can also setup my 2 subs in a series/parallel to my amp for a 4ohm load which would be 250watts RMS x1. I just need answers on if it would be better to wire them in a series/parallel to my amp or in a parallel/parallel or if theres a better way to wire my subs to my amp.

Anonymous
Alright first off id like to say nice amp.. i had 2 of those bad boys before i got broken into.. they produce nice clean power... and yes the M500 is 1 ohm stable.. if you really wanna push those subs hard do par/par... but lemme warn ya.. yer over powering those Type S subs... keep the gain somewhat down... Type S subs arent very good...alpine speakers including subs power ratings are a little high to what they can actually handle... but ya know ya can either run it at a 1 ohm load and keep the gain respectable or do a 4 ohm load and leave the gain quite high... but if ya do the last way your probably gunna get some clipping as its gunna be pulling power the amp cant produce for both subs...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us