Need to fix my MTX amp

Username: Air_dreams

Post Number: 4
any one know where I can get a MTX amp fixed? Or If i can get the parts to fix it my self?
its a MTX Blue Thunder 400X5...

It started going into protect mode after 10 to 15 minutes. Im sure its nothing to serious... probably the output resirtors???
I have the ability to solder well, (lots of RC car experiance) just font know much about the inner workings/circut boards.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 136
Try MTX.

http://www.bcae1.com/repairtutorialcdinfo.htm

Username: Air_dreams

ID

Post Number: 6
A cuple years back I called MTX & They said they dont fix them. They offered for me to send it back to them & they would give me a $300 credit twards the newer version. Unfortinatly didnt have the $400+ to make up the difference & still dont!

Ive been using a cheep POS Pioneer GM-7200 M for my subs & an even worse POS Sony Explode XM-5042 4 channel for my fronts. The Pioneer is rated 800w & sounds ok.
The sony is rated 500w & sounds more like 100w total. Luckly I payesd less than $100 for both.
I just dont have the endless funds like I use to have. (Im dissabled & on a fixed income now.)

Im now back to driving my VW & there is no extra room for two hige amps that make way less power & take more space than the class D MTX!

All that said, Id really like to get the MTX fixed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us