300 HO alt,

Bronze Member
Username: Vincent_law

Ca

Post Number: 13
should i get a second battery? See i have a w7 13 and 1000/0 but when i ran the set up the amp would over heat..So i unplugged the w7 and hooked up my two 15 that i had before and every thing worked fine... but that was when i had stock alt..So my main question is the w7 13 and jl 1000/0 require that much amperage?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1534
no, what voice coil configuration do you have?

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 15
1.5 all that is good. to a jl 1000/1 in a cadillac devile 2000 i just cant figure why my amp over heats? and well it a sun of a bitc to move it its like 150 pounds inbox. please ... i know there are some proes on this site if you could provide insite would be thankfull

Bronze Member
Username: Jordon32990

Post Number: 45
The 13w7 is 1.5 DVC. You either have it wired to 3 ohm which is good, or .75, which is bad. I made the mistake of wiring my 13 to .75 once and was lucky I didn't fry my 1000/1. Make sure you have it wired correctly.

BTW, my electrical system was completely stock. 1 farad capacitor just for surge protection, and I never had a problem.

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 16
how do you wired .75? so i know no to do it

Bronze Member
Username: Jordon32990

Post Number: 58
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=161

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 2871
Vincent make sure you have it wired to 3 ohms. That amp should work with a stock charging system. Make sure you don't have the gain cranked all the way up.

Bronze Member

Ca

Post Number: 17
I think i have it wired the 0.75 way... thanks for the help. and you say keep the gain about were? 50 percent?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us