Box Build

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1042
So i just got arround to building the box brockman designed me using the re site an here is how it has cam so far tell me what youll thinkUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Tylersliva

St.Ignace, Mi U.S.

Post Number: 246
looks good so far is this the first box you made

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1043
nope its my third, but it is the first i have shown on E. im tring to decide if im going to use a 2x2 an brace the box from the inside

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14928
which sub\s is\are going in this ?

specs & tuning ? ......

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1567
i have that same table lol

oh and why did you cut off the port length? in the first 2 pics..

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1047
rovin the box is for 2 12 L7 tuning is 36 hrtz at 3.5 cubs net

abarca the piece was glued on in those pics an i thought i need to screw to hold it and it split right down the middle it only changed my tunning about 1 hrtz so figured it was no biggy

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3161
i remember throwing the design out there for him, but I forgot what the subs/specs were. I hope it works out for him and doesn't look too bad atm. It was the frst time I used that particular box designer. I always used BB6P. Keep us informed, Ben.. I am gratefull that you would use my advice, ect... I love this site. lol

Username: Michaelb1100

Louisiana

Post Number: 9
I have a question here, Kicker specs unless I am reading wrong and I don't think I am because I am looking at a picture :-) says 1 - L7 needs 3.25cf at 37hz with .33cf of port volume. How big is your box? Also how would I drop the hz from 37 to 32.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3166
you are absolutly correct that they need that for the SPL vented enclosure. I fixed him up to specs with the "compact vented specs" as he was needing with the limited space and max dimentions that he provided. I agree with tuning lower than kicker specs, but I wanted to stick with kickers specs because it is not my setup.

1.75 ft3 (49.6L) + port displacement
2.5 x 13.25" (6.4x34cm) port, 22.5" (57cm) long
Power Handling = 600W RMS

straight from their manuel under minimun vented enclosure.

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1048
well to much rain the past couple of days to work on the box but i think im going to finish it friday so i can pay it this weekend i should have more pics and maybe a video this weekend

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1677
its such a small box

lookin good

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1049
im not listening to kicker any more im trying to go to comps i messed my port up so its tuned to 36 hrtz ill have it all installed friday hopefully

Louisiana

Post Number: 10
Ok Question, I am building my box to Kicker specs but want to tune for 32hz not 37hz, the box will be 3.25cf, how do tune for 32. Is it just adding length to the port? If so how much?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1051
ok so i finished the box installed it Saturday drove around a little and went to the shop today an im kinda of depressed all that work to gain 1 db not im hitting 137.6 on music at 53 hrtz. what am i doing wrong. i was gonna try the elevator from Flo-rida but i can find a good copy

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14958
which amp do u have on it ? ...

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1716
use this
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

that pretty much tells u how long short or anything u want to do to change ur box

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1052
i mean everyone agrees these L7s should be able to break a 140 right i just cant seem to get them to do it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3211
i forgot, what amp are you using?. . And if the amp would fully power 1- L7 with the box built to optimal SPL specs I am sure that alone would break 140. Problem is you are using subs that thrive on larger enclosures and having to use minimal specs. due to space available.
is this a trunk car?
how is port and subs facing in vehicle?
any pics of install?

You could also try adding polyfill and see if that helps at all.

Bronze Member

Louisiana

Post Number: 11
I built mine, took me about 2-3 hrs because I had to have my uncle cut the layout, I went with the kicker 3.25cf spec tuned to 37hz on a Hifonics BXI1208d. It sounds great the only problem I have is the sub is a dual 4 ohm and the amp will do 1ohm so I am not getting the full power out of the amp. The box hits hard, out slams my sons 2 Memphis 10's.

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1054
im using a hifonics Brutus 1600 one of the older models. i mean i could make the box longer but not taller ill post pics later to show you all what i mean. The subs are faceing forwards along with the port

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14962
something has got to be wrong since like mark said 1 of those subs alone can do 140 with ease

recheck ur install ...

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1056
ill post a pic. could it be possible that the place i bought the subs sold me a sub with the L5 motor but the L7 cone?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3221
possible..... meh
likely... not so much
I was hittin 142+ with L5's

the 1600 watt brutus is overrated and is not really enough for 2 L7's. They could handle more.

need more space for a bigger enclosure.

Where are you getting metered at?
what mic is being used?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1057
im not sure what mic they are using i know the program is all tl an its all being metered at the headrest. how much underrated we talking. could it be possible that the tracks im using are losing there bass when there getting burnt

Gold Member

Post Number: 3222
what the.... you are only getting 137 dB's at the headrest.. You definatly have a problem(s). Try facing the port towards the rear.

If you can, try to get metered with the mic in the kick or on the dash.. That is the norm and how I would know to compare scores.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3223
also try the box toward the readof your trunk leaving a bigger space between the seats and enclosure (after facing the port towards the rear).

and if you can make a vid (along with the pics) of the subs hittin and link us to em, would like to see how the amp is pushin' em.

Did you do a sweep or try any different freq's when testing with the TL?

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1058
we just used music because i compete in amature i can make a video but it wont be good because all i have is my phone

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1060
Upload
Upload
here is two pics from the front and one from the trunk ill try to get a video up im not sure where i will host it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3227
youtube or photobucket work well.

i was just wanting to see the excursion if the camera can capture it.

did you try turning the box around... That is the norm for trunk cars. Usually it is noticeably louder.

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1061
i did try to reverse them i think its louder facing forwards. when facing backwards i hits the trunk lid alot harder

Gold Member

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1062
im going to host the video on my sprint account i wish some of you all lived by me or was going to some of the meca shows then you could see it in person. heres the video it shows i little bit of excursion
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share.do?invite=XEQrmy2lh87T4k87h04x&shareName=MMS &messageState=RETRIEVED
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us