Need help building sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Trussell456

Post Number: 15
Ok right now i have 2 12" Alpine SWR-1242D Type R subs. There in a sealed box and i want to build a ported box. I dont know much about ports or ported boxes and was just wondering if you guys could give me some info. Should i build one box for both subs? two seperate boxes? one box that has a divider in the middle?

Also, whats better, round port tubes or square ports? I've tried to use a port calculater and all that but i get confused, can anybody calculate this for me and tell me what dimensions to use. I want the box in my trunk and the subs to face straight up if thats possible, I want the box 15 inches high, and about 30 inches wide, but how deep? And what ports to use and where to put them?

the subs mounting displacement is .071 cf

i think i can figure out how deep to make the box using the cf calculater, but what ports and how big to make them? tuned to 35 hz and about 2 cf per sub

if thats confusing sorry, please help

Silver Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 226
Have you tried these calculators??

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#ser

I find them very user friendly.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1521
what is your max dims?

you will want same box but with a divider in the middle

slot port is cheapest best port to go

Bronze Member
Username: Trussell456

Post Number: 17
I dont know the exact dimensions as i dont have the car it is going in yet. 94 Acura Integra. I am figuring a 32.25 inch wide box, 18 inch high and 16.5 inches deep. This is taking in affect 3/4 inch MDF board. This would give each sub a 15x15x16.5 box, 2.14 cf. I want it ported at 35 hz. If i slot port where should the ports be if i want the subs to be facing up? On the site given above i was just playing around i plugged in a port size of 1.5x8 inches tuned to 35 hz and it said i need to make the ports 9.47 inches long, does this sound correct? What size ports should i use? Will a 1.5x 8 inch port give me any port noise? Im new to the porting of sub boxes, sorry guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us