RD 7500.1D

Silver Member
Username: 71_chevelle

Post Number: 217
I was wondering, can the RD 7500.1D handle being wired down to .667ohms? I know on the RD website it says .875 ohms but i wasnt sure if it could handle and perform properly at .667 ohms??

I was thinking of maybe wiring 3 dual 1 ohm subwoofers together

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1503
um for burps sure...

daily i hope u got the electrical... they are power hungary

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2919

quote:

daily i hope u got the electrical... they are power hungary

Not at all.

That amp can take that load daily like a champ and be extremely efficient doing it.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1505
lemme rephrase that, curosity to nick :-)

the chargin system needed to properly run a amp of this caliber whether it be RD, American bass, Sundown etc

is substantial compared to something you are probably use to running

like for that i would suggest 2 alternators and 4 powermaster D3100's at that ohm load

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 2920
Exactly, David.
But he is going to be seeing 1ohm+ after box rise, so it should not be too big of a deal. A better charging system is needed for sure, though.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Www.rdaudio.net, GA USA

Post Number: 2558
The D9 would be more suited for daily :-) Steve is running them at .35 daily without getting hot. As long as charging is up to par, you will be fine.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1637
that amp will do it for sure! but like u guys said! that is a beast of an amp! and will take a lot to power

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11379
dBLK! You have a bunch of exclamation marks in that sentence for no real reason!

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1638
ur right! i do!!

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11380
Ok! Just wanted to make sure you knew!

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1640
thanks for letting me know! i am exclamated!

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
Sweet! Thank you D-money and Nick V that is what i wanted to know, and if the amp sees proper power what will the RMS be at .667 ohms? about the same as it is rated .875 ohms? I'll need a special set up to get 2 alts under the hood where might i go to find that? and each alt would only be putting out 220 amps (that is the biggest that will fit that motor), would 440 amps be sufficient or would i need a 3rd alt?
are D3100 better than Kinetik 2400? i can get a pretty good deal on kinetik 2400, about $300 a piece

"but he is going to be seeing 1ohm+ after box rise"

what does that mean?? =]

Silver Member

Post Number: 219
Hey Kevin Holden how can you wire down to .35 ohms with 3 subs? (mind maybe showing a diagram?)

and if the HW 9.0 is wired down to .35 ohms how many watts is it putting out?

Basically i want an amp that can put out 7500 watts RMS because i was thinking about going with 3 15" audio pulse axis subs.

Oh and on a side note, if it says D2|Q1 does the Q1 stand for Quad 1 ohm? so it would be four 1 ohms? like the D2 stands for Dual(two) 2 ohms?

Thank you!

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1512
hey, you would be looking at the RD7500.1 more than the D9 if your looking for that much power. or if you want to wait, we will be having a D13 coming out. IMO i might would wait untill the D13 came out. because with a .667 final ohm load, after imp rise you will prolly be sittin at 1.5-2 ohm's

the D13 puts out a whopping 10,000 watts at 1 ohm i believe so at the 1.5-2 ohm load you would be seeing this amp will be putting out more power than the 7500.1.

and yes Q1 is quad 1 ohm, so 4 1 ohm's

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1513
by the way, what vehicle do you have? i might can point you in a better direction for the alt's. ones that typically dyno out around 275 each and at idel do 150-160 each

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
I figured something better would come out, it is always my luck to get something and with in the next few weeks something new came out haha, i'll wait and see the D13.

"after imp rise "

what is imp rise?

what is the difference between D2 and Q1? they're both 4 ohms total whether it be two 2 ohms or four 1 ohms.

I have a 1973 blazer...i believe it is 1973 that's what it says on the tail light but i'll double check with the vin number but that's not important because it is the same body style from 1973-91 i believe and it has a GM 350 motor in it. Would going to 16 volt alt be better than a 12 volt alt? (then i could use the 16 volt batt from Kinetik under the hood) idk its just all thoughts i have running through my head and putting that much money down i dont want to hurt anything (or anyone) by doing something wrong hahaha

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1522
yes, i would wait for the D13 amp

imp rise is impedence rise, which when your start playing music or tones, the pressure and tempature rising of the sub playing makes the over all ohm load go higher.

with a Q1 there are more wiring configurations

when its time to work on the blazer i will set you towards some top notch alternator companies

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
Ok will do!

oooooh hahaha makes sense! So what do you think the imp rise would be of 2 D2 12" subs at 2000 RMS total if they are wired down to 2 ohms in a 3.2 cuft ported box? would it still be or close to 2 ohms?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1525
depends on how efficent your box design is, but under 3 ohms prolly

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
Oh ok i'm using a kicker amp and they're rated at 2 ohms will being under 3 ohms and not 2 ohms make any difference?

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1526
no

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
Awesome!

Thank you D-money. Can't wait for the chevelle to be done so i can show what i have done. I like doing it myself...yeah there isn't instant gradification doing it yourself, but you dont have to pay over priced local stereo shops to do what you can do yourself and feel good that you can say i did it myself haha

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1527
correct, i have always done the work myself, i just cant see paying someone else. if i dont know how to do it, i learn then try it. plus by building your car yourself theres things you can do the way you wanted it done

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
exactly! Sometimes i work on it with my buddy and he wants to change things up or do what he wants but i'm like no it's my car haha

Bronze Member
Username: Re_xxx

Green River, Wyoming U.S.A

Post Number: 17
Yes the 7500.1 can be wired down, clear to .35
But like these guys have said, you HAD better have the electrical to back them up.

I do have a almost BNIB one for sale if your interested.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 6478
your forgetting impedance rise...

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 3177
the amps mentioned are much more likely to fail due to voltage drop when ran at such low resistance. That is why the are sying you will need so much electrical upgrade to run these amps that way. The amps can handle just about anything....... except low voltage.

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Oh i see so what is the RMS (i guess you could put it) for voltage that the amp likes to see??

I was thinking about using 3 15" Alpha V.2 D1.3 wired down to 0.86667 ohms (it would be somewhere around 1.5 ohms after imp...which would put me between 6000 and 7500 RMS which is perfect) and running a dual 16volt alt set up with four 16 volt kinetik batts(including the one under the hood) would that feed it? And how does my set up sound? oh and in about a 12 cuft box(before displacement) square ported to 34 hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us